• Seeds of Faith Ministry will be selling baked goods, one-of-a-kind jewelry, name brand designer handbags and wallets, oils and hair products from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays at the Shenango Valley Mall, Hermitage.
Proceeds benefit The Prince of Peace.
• St. Anthony Parish begins its annual Lenten fish fry from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday and continues every Friday during Lent, including Good Friday, in the church hall. Use the Sherman Avenue entrance.
Fried or baked fish dinners will be prepared fresh to order. Also on the menu is homemade Palachinka.
Takeouts available. Info: 724-342-7391.
• Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Mercer, holds fish fry dinners from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday and March 14, 21, 28 and April 4, 11 and 18 in Gallagher Hall.
Menu includes fried fish, fries, mac & cheese, cole slaw, bread and butter, coffee, tea and lemonade, and homemade cake.
Cost is $9 for adults, $4 for children and free for ages 3 and younger. Takeouts available.
• A spaghetti dinner will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Shenango Valley Masonic Lodge 810, Route 62 and Neshannock Road, Hermitage.
Dinner includes meatballs, salad, drink and dessert.
Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for ages 12 and younger. Takeouts available.
A drawing will be held for two free dinners.
- Things to do from July 23, 2014
- At the Library
Things to do from July 22, 2014
A listing of some of the activities available to the public in the area.
For Your Health for July 22, 2014
A listing of some of the heath-related programs available in the area.
Health briefs from July 22, 2014
Nursing program exams set
‘Dining with Diabetes’ series slated
Things to do from July 21, 2014
A roundup of some the events occuring in the area.
Armstrong’s moon walk wasn’t a shot in the dark
As Farrell resident Ted Pedas watched Neil Armstrong on TV make his historic one small step for man, the budding scientist had no idea he would eventually become friends with the famous explorer.
- Things to do from July 18, 2014
Shoe Our Children at $2,849
The Herald’s annual $25,000 appeal for the Shoe Our Children program through its Good News Fund has raised $2,849.
- Things to do from July 17, 2014
Social services group sets 1st recognition event
Isaiah 49, Inc. will have its First Annual Community Recognition Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. July 26 at The Corinthian in Sharon. Tickets are $35 and must be purchased by Sunday.
4-H Roundup highlights youth
The Mercer County 4-H Roundup will be held July 28 through Aug. 3 at the Mercer 4-H Park, located on Route 19 north of Mercer. New activities and opportunities are planned for the public this year.
First all-class reunion this weekend
Former Sharon High School students, teachers, coaches and administrators are invited to join the first all-class reunion weekend, sponsored by the class of 1989.
- Things to do from July 16, 2014
Things to do from July 15, 2014
A listing of some of the upcoming events in the area.
- More Community Headlines