• AARP Shenango will meet at 1 p.m. Wednesday in Shenango Valley Senior Community Center, North Buhl Farm Drive, Sharon.
Capt. Scott Flanders of the Salvation Army’s Sharon unit will present a picture of the total array of programs and services which are in play locally.
On March 5, Eileen Mazza from Pennsylvania AARP will present Make Your Voice heard on Medicare and Social Security. Other chapters of AARP and local seniors are invited to attend the March presentation.
Inquiries: Tom Rookey, 724-347-7224.
• Farrell High School class of 1952 meets for lunch at noon Wednesday at Hickory Grille, Hermitage.
• A benefit soup lunch and Chinese auction for Larry Swartz Sr. is scheduled for noon to 4 p.m. Feb. 8 at the Shenango Township Social Hall, state Route 18 and Gearhart Road.
Proceeds will help bring Larry home from Utah for additional surgery and rehab.
Menu includes soups, salads and desserts. Takeouts available.
There will also be Amish doughnuts and baked goods for sale.
Info: Betty Lou Anderson, 724-342-3483, or Kaila Kuhn, 724-946-8397.
• Grove City AARP Chapter 3423 holds its monthly meeting and luncheon at noon Feb. 13 at the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Blair Street. A board meeting will be held at 11:15 a.m.
Addie Gallo-Formaini will present a program on the Meals on Wheels program in Grove City.
The meeting is open to all interested persons over the age of 50. Those attending are asked to take a hot or cold dish, beverage and your own table service. Coffee and water will be provided.
Info: 724-458-8316 or 724-458-5032.
• Winter Soup Day fundraiser for Mark Twain Manor will be from 2 to 6 p.m. Feb. 8 in the Gibson House on Liberty Street in Jamestown.
Meal includes choice of homemade soups, bread, pie and beverage.
Cost is $10.
A hymn sing will be held at 2 p.m. Feb. 9 in the same location.
• Pretty Girls Inc. presents “Kindness” from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. every Wednesday through March 21 at New Light Christian Education Community Center, Cedar Avenue, Sharon.
Help Pretty Girls Inc. give back to the community by donating blankets and/or monetary donations to local organizations.
Info: 724-418-1959 or email: email@example.com
• The Sixth Annual Ladies Day Out will be from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 8 at Rocky Grove Volunteer Fire Department in Venango County.
As many as 35 crafters and vendors will be at the fire department benefit which offers something for everyone. There will also be specialty foods and entertainment venues.
A Chinese raffle will be held.
The Ladies Auxiliary will have the kitchen open for sandwiches and homemade soups.
Admission and parking are free.
Info: 814-432-4449 after 5 p.m.