• Munnell Run Farm Foundation hosts its annual Afternoon Tea from 2 to 4:30 p.m. May 18 in Father Gallagher Hall at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, 100 Penn Ave., Mercer.
A traditional afternoon tea will be served with tasty savories, tea sandwiches and delectable sweets. A program describing Civil War fashions and tea etiquette will be presented by Cynda Sites, Civil War re-enactress. There will be a Chinese auction and table prizes awarded for the best “Afternoon Tea” hat.
Proceeds benefit the education programs at Munnell Run Farm, which is located one and a half miles north of the courthouse on Route 58 west of Mercer.
Seating is limited, dress is casual and ticket cost is $25 each; prepayment is required. For reservations or to purchase tickets by the deadline of April 30, call Munnell Run Farm Foundation at 724-662-2242.
• Roast beef dinner served family-style runs from noon to 3 p.m. April 27 at Hartford Masonic Temple, state routes 7 and 305, Hartford.
Menu includes mashed potatoes and gravy, noodles, glazed German carrots, green beans, cole slaw, drinks and dessert.
Cost is $8 for adults; $5 for children and free for preschoolers.
The dinner is cosponsored by Jerusalem Lodge 19 and Hartford O.E.S. 518.
• Lackawannock Township holds a flea market/bake sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 26 at the township building, Route 18.
Fresh Amish doughnuts will be made on the spot as well as many other baked goods for sale. Table space available for $7 for an indoor space and $5 for outside.
Hot dogs and beverages will be sold. Dog licenses also will be sold.
All proceeds benefit the scholarship fund.
Table rentals, call 724-301-4798 or 724-974-1436.
ä Students of Shenango Valley Faith Academy will be selling Daffin’s chocolate bars as a fundraiser for the school from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Hermitage Wal-Mart on Friday. Info: 724-815-4115.
ä Friends of the Community Library of the Shenango Valley will hold their spring book sale from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. May 7; 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. May 8; and 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May 9-10 in the library basement, 11 N. Sharpsville Ave., Sharon.
Thousands of books, magazines and audio-visuals have been donated for this sale.
All proceeds are donated to the library.
ä A soup dinner will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 27 at the Masonic Hall in West Middlesex.
Cost is $7 for ages 10 and older and a donation for those younger than 10.
Many different types of soups available. Dinner includes soups, salad, bread, crackers, beverages and cakes.
Take your own bowl and spoon.
ä Seeds of Faith Ministry will be selling baked goods for Easter from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. today through Saturday in the Shenango Valley Mall, Hermitage.
Included will be pies, cupcakes, sweet potato pies, cookies and turnovers. Also, jewelry, soaps, hair products, scarves and more will be sold.
Proceeds will benefit the Prince of Peace.
ä A pancake breakfast will be served from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday in the lower level of Greater Mount Zion Church of God in Christ, 1825 Roemer Blvd., Farrell.
Menu will include eggs, homefries, bacon, sausage, grits, coffee and juice.
Cost is $10. Proceeds benefit the building fund.
ä Greater Morris Chapel A.M.E. Church, 926 Darr Ave., Farrell, will host its annual senior usher board Good Friday fish fry from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at the church.
Cost is $8.
Information or to place an order, call 724-342-1422.
• Mercer Area Library, 110 E. Venango St. is selling books, videos/DVDs, CDs, audio books, toys and games. Today and Thursday fill a bag for $1; on Friday and Saturday, all remaining books will be free.
• Shenango Valley Senior Center, 220 N. Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage, offers the following activities:
Generations Go Online with Grant Dunsmore as the new peer coach. Reservations, call 724-981-7950 after 11 a.m. Tuesdays through Fridays.
Hard Rock Rocksino bus trip, May 22. Cost is $30 and includes $15 free slot play and $5 food voucher. You must come to the center to reserve your seat.
Delbert Coxson will have square dance, circle dance, Virginia reel dance tutorials beginning at 2 p.m. April 23. Cost is $1. Classes will continue the fourth Wednesday of each month until future notice.
Corn hole, 1 p.m. every Friday.
• Hickory High School class of 1960 meets for lunch at noon Saturday at Montana Rib and Chop House, Hermitage.
• Farrell High School class of 1960 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. today at the Golden Apple Inn, Wheatland.
Spouses and guests welcome.
• Primetimers, a 55 and over group, will meet Tuesday at Clarks Mills United Methodist Church at 10:30 a.m. for fellowship. Program at 11 a.m. will feature Ron Knapp playing and singing. Lunch will be provided at noon.
Everyone welcome. Info: Church, 724-253-2424.
• A bus trip to Hard Rock Rockcino in Northfield, Ohio, is set for April 27. Bus will depart Anderson Coach & Travel, Greenville, at 9 a.m. and will return at 5:30 p.m.
Cost is $30 per person and includes $15 in free play and $5 food voucher. Proceeds benefit Strayhaven Animal Shelter, Hempfield Township. Info: 724-588-6161.
• UPMC Horizon’s gastroenterologist Sharon Miller will discuss the dangers of chronic heartburn and the latest treatment options for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Barrett’s esophagus at a free seminar from 6 to 7:30 p.m. today at UPMC Horizon Womancare Center, 875 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
Robert Hemmerlin, Harrisville, who underwent a related procedure, will speak. Refreshments will be served. Registration is required: 724-981-8883.
• Jameson Health System is offering the HOPE Osteoporosis Prevention and Education Program, from 4 to 5:30 p.m. April 22 and 29, and May 6 and 13 at Jameson School of Nursing auditorium, 1211 Wilmington Ave., New Castle.
Highmark members can attend the class at no charge; there is a minimal fee for those who are non-Highmark members. Info/register: 724-656-4270.