The following programs are scheduled for April by Buhl Community Recreation Center, Sharon:
• Buhl tutoring – An academic tutoring program designed to build and reinforce skills in reading, math, language, spelling, writing, science, social studies and study skills.
Each student will have individualized planning, their own certified teacher (1-1 ratio), parent- teacher conference cooperative efforts, academic emphasis in their greatest need, educational materials and computer time. Hours and dates are subject to change based on tutors and students availability.
Located in the ACLD room. Fees: $15 per 60-minute tutoring session.
Contact: Ann Milliard 724-962-5589, 724-877-4101 or E-mail her at email@example.com.
• Summer gymnastics – Ages 5 and up will be separated into groups with beginning, moderate and advanced.
Beginners will work on basic aspects like walking on the balance beam, learning the correct ways to stretch, front rolls, cartwheels and back roll The other class should master their front rolls, be able to do tricks on beam, master their cartwheels and round offs.
The advanced section will work on front walk overs, running round offs which will prepare them for back handsprings.
Six-week clinic starts July 8: Tuesday and Wednesday 10 to 11 a.m.: Ages: 5, 6-8, 9-12: Cost: $50 for session.
• Summer cheerleading – Students will learn basic motions, chants, cheers and a dance routine.
They will learn the right way to stretch and how to do partner mounting routines.
Six-week clinic starts July 8: Tuesday and Wednesdays 11 a.m. to noon: Ages: 5, 6-8, 9-12: Cost: $50 for session.
• Dance studio open house and summer session – Registration 5-7:30 p.m. May 7. Come meet the instructors, dance assistants and see the dance studio. Register for summer session 1 classes and/or pre-register for fall classes.
Preschool dance ages 3-4 Mondays and Wednesdays 5-5:30 p.m. June 9, 11, 16 and 18.
Beginner ballet and tap ages 5-7 Mondays and Wednesdays 5:30-6:30 p.m. June 9, 11, 16 and 18.
Intermediate ballet, tap and jazz ages 8-12 Mondays and Wednesday 6:30-8 p.m. June 9, 11, 16 and 18.
Adult Beginner Ballet Class Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-7:30 p.m. June 9, 11, 16 and 18.
Spring Spree Dance Tickets are on sale in our Business Office: $5 adults, $3 students, under 3 admitted free.
• Crafts with Debbie – One-day deco mesh wreath class with Debbie at 6 pm. Thursday. Ages: 13 thru adult. Cost: $5 (you supply materials). Call for info or to register 724-981-3700 Ext. 108.
• Piano lessons registrations being taken for next session – Be the next Mozart with one-on-one coaching. Students will learn fingering,notes, and reading music. Instructor: Diane Kozyro (Teaches for Hoyt Center of Arts). Time (by appointment only): Ages: 4 years through adult: Fees: $130. 8-week course (prepay).
• Voice lessons registrations being taken for next session – Be the next American Idol with one-on-one coaching. Students will build their voice skills in half-hour lessons tailored to their experience.
Voice Lessons: basic vocal technique, breathing, vocal warm ups and bringing technique into your music.
Instructor: Diane Kozyro (teaches for Hoyt Center of Arts): Time (by appointment only): Ages 4 years through adult: Fees: $160 8-week course (Pre Pay).
• Bridge (In Honor of Betty Molnar Flamberg) – This course of 8 sessions will spotlight the defender. About half of the time you and your partner are working together to take your maximum amount of tricks per hand.
Each lesson also review an aspect of basic bidding. The
format for the class will be lecture, class exercises and card play. A textbook is highly recommended.
Instructor Sally Veauthier: Tuesdays beginning May 6: Time: 10-11 a.m.: Free
ACBL Bridge Series ISBN 978-0-9394606
6-800.274.2221 ACBL Bridge Series ISBN
• Come join us for our year-end shows – Gymnastics Shows: Large Gym, Monday and Wednesday, Main Gym.
Spring Spree Dance Recital: April 27 at Sharon High Auditorium. Adults $5, students 3 and up $3, children under 3 free.