• Neshannock Chapter of Trout Unlimited, the borough of Grove City, and Grove City Sportsman’s Club will sponsor the 10th annual Children’s Fishing Derby April 26 at the Wolf Creek handicapped fishing area on Greenwood Drive. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Children can help carry brown trout to the stream in five-gallon buckets at 9 a.m. Free hot dogs and soft drinks provided at noon.
The derby is free and open to children ages 12 and younger and to individuals with disabilities.
Children will get free hats with the Wolf Creek Fishing Derby logo.
In case of rain, the event will be held May 3.
• Forget-Me-Not Garden Club meets at 10:30 a.m. May 5 at Lebanon Presbyterian Church, Route 318, Lackawannock Township, to carpool to the Mast and Byler greenhouses.
Lunch will follow at Neshannock by the Creek Restaurant in Volant.
• Sharon High School class of 1962 meets for lunch at noon April 30 at Muscarella’s Cafe Italia, Sharpsville.
Spouses and guests welcome.
• The Cool Beans Team of Relay For Life Mercer is raffling off two donated tickets for the upcoming concert, “That’s My Kind of Night Tour 2014.” This is a country music concert featuring Luke Bryan, Lee Brice, Dierks Bently and Cole Swindell. Tickets are for the June 21 concert at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh. Concert begins at 6 p.m.
Tickets for the raffle are being sold until approximately 8 p.m. June 14 at the Relay in Mercer, when the winner will be drawn. The winner need not be present. Raffle tickets may be purchased by contacting Judy at 724-588-9486 or email@example.com.
Raffle tickets are $10 each. (Each raffle ticket is a chance for both concert tickets.)
All proceeds go to Relay For Life Mercer, a signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society.
• Petco in Hermitage is sponsoring an ugly pet contest and bomb-sniffing dog demo from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 3.
There will also be a Chinese auction and various vendors will be participating.
All proceeds will benefit local animal shelters that will also be in attendance.