• An information meeting, Explanation of New Health Care Laws, begins at 6 p.m. MondayDec. 16 at 16 Vine St., Sharon. Individuals who would like one-on-one help should arrive at 5 p.m. or help can be given after the meeting
Erin Gill Ninehouser will be the presenter.
The presentation will help people who have had their insurance dropped; share facts of the existing law; and assist people who have never been insured.
• Mercer County Chapter Parents of Murdered Children, Inc., for families and friends of those who have died by violence, meets 10 a.m. to noon Saturday and the second Saturday of each month at UPMC Horizon, 220 Memorial Blvd., Farrell.
Info: 724-877-1552 or 724-877-3130.
• Primetimers, a 55 and over group, will meet at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 17 at Clarks Mills United Methodist Church for fellowship. Lunch provided at noon.
Gay Mix will provide music and the group will sing carols and there will be a small gift exchange for those who wish to particpate.
• Hickory High School class of 1968 meets for lunch at 11 a.m. the first Saturday of each month beginning Jan. 4 at Denny’s, 2079 E. State St., Hermitage.
All classmates and guests are welcome.
Upcoming topics for discussion will be a 45th class birthday party and preliminary ideas for the 50th class reunion.
Info: Greg Bohn, 904-583-9219 or email@example.com
• Farrell High School class of 1961 meets for dinner at 5:30 p.m. Monday at Hickory Grille.
Spouses and friends are welcome.
• Sharon High School class of 1947 will host a luncheon at 12:30 p.m. Thursday at Jess’s Junction, formerly Jess’s Restaurant, in Hermitage.
All alumni and friends are welcome.
• Knights of Columbus Council 4003 will hold their annual Christmas party at 2 p.m. Sunday Hermitage Firehall 3, Mercer Avenue.
Info: Mike DeMartinis 724.9812436, reservations: Dave Thomas, 724-432-1378; or John Piatek, 724-699-4949
•Farrell High School class of 1950 will hold a Christmas party Thursday at Montana’s Rib and Chop House, Hermitage. Social hour at 5 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m.
Those participating are responsible for their own bill.
Reservations, call Ray at 724-347-3602.
• Mercer Area Library, 110 E. Venango St., holds a Christmas open house from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The Mercer High School choir will be performing, and Santa will visit with the children, pose for pictures, and find out what everyone wants for Christmas.
There will be complimentary cookies and other baked goods plus coffee, tea, and hot chocolate for all visitors. Holiday stories will be read to the children and questions about new library programs will be answered.
• Brookfield High School class of 2003 holds its 10-year reunion Dec. 21 in Stevenson Inn, Masury. Buffet dinner is from 8 to 10 p.m. Cost is $17.50 a person. Reservations by Dec. 13 at www.BHSclassof2003@yahoo.com or www.facebook.com/SharmayneBolling