- — Calls for talent
• The Bach Society, a community choral group composed of about 45 singers primarily from Grove City and Slippery Rock, has openings available. They begin rehearsals for their spring concerts (May 2 and 3) today. The community choral group practices at Tower Presbyterian Church from 7 to 9 p.m. on Monday evenings. Call David Mruk, director, 412-445-3909, or Dianne Gordon, president, at 724-450-0636 about joining.
• The public is asked to donate or consign quality merchandise for the Northwest Pa. Auctioneers Association’s annual spring auction to benefit Shriner’s Children’s Hospital in Erie. It will be Feb. 15 at the Hickory VFW on Route 62, Hermitage. The hospital provides free care and transportation for any child in need of medical services.
To donate/info: 724-652-2070, 724-654-7933 or 724-253-2189 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Team Danielle Earthday luncheon is set for April 26 at Avalon at Squaw Creek. There will be raffles, door prizes and more.
All proceeds benefit sarcoma cancer research.
Team Danielle will also attend the Pittsburgh Cure Sarcoma event on July 12 at North Park in Pittsburgh.
More information, regarding both events, will be announced at a later date.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s Gutchies for Kidz program continues to accept new undergarments for school-age children through high school. The group also collected PJs for the holiday season. Dropoff tubs are at:
Knott’s Interiors – 1505 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
Greenville Savings Bank – 550 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
Je’riel Fashions – 1550 E. State St., Hermitage
Lori Rollinson’s Hair Boutique – 22 E. Shenango St., Sharpsville
Info: 724-347-7410 or 724-699-7282.
• Westminster College’s Departments of Modern Languages and English will host the third free Tournées Film Festival in the Sebastian Mueller Theater of the McKelvey Campus Center. Five contemporary films will be subtitled in English with each 7 p.m. screening followed by a discussion. Films are: La Fée (The Fairy), Wednesday; Monsieur Lazhar, Feb. 11; L’Enfant D’En Haut (Sister), Feb. 18; and Couleur De Peau: Miel (Approved for Adoption), Feb. 25. Info: 724-946-7265.