• Honor or remember a loved one with a tree decoration at UPMC Horizon hospitals. Angel ornaments are $7 for Memories in Lights in Greenville at 5 p.m. today. Ornaments are $5 for the Remembrance Tree Lighting, set for 2 p.m. Friday at the hospital in Farrell.
• Hermitage Parent Teacher Organization holds its 20th annual pancake breakfast from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in Delahunty Middle School. The breakfast benefits the sixth grade environmental science learning experience, held in May.
• Farrell High School class of 1954 will meet for lunch at noon Wednesday at Montana’s Rib and Chop House, Hermitage.
• West Middlesex High School class of 1965 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the (West) Middlesex Diner. Spouses and guests are welcome. Info: 724-962-4806.
• Sharon High School class of 1952 meets for lunch at 1 p.m. Friday in Avalon Golf and Country Club at Buhl Park, Hermitage. Spouses and friends welcome. Info: 724-983-1606.
• Brookfield High School class of 1969 girls will meet for lunch at 1 p.m. Wednesday in Muscarella’s Cafe Italia, Sharpsville. Take two $1 gifts. Those planning to attend are to contact Paula Kudelko at email@example.com or 724-510-9113 or 724-946-3364.
• Sharpsville High School class of 1952 will meet for lunch at noon Friday in High Street Cafe, Sharpsville. Classmates and friends are welcome.
• Brookfield High School class of 2003 holds its 10th-year reunion Dec. 21 in Stevenson Inn, Masury. Buffet dinner is from 8 to 10 p.m. Cost is $17.50 a person. Reservations by Dec. 13 at www.BHSclassof2003@yahoo.com or www.facebook.com/SharmayneBolling
• Farrell High School class of 1957 holds its Christmas luncheon at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Montana’s Rib and Chop House, Hermitage. Info: 724-342-9541.
• Sharon High School class of 1949 holds its Christmas party at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Jess’s Junction, Hermitage. Reservations: 724-528-9235.
• Packard Electric and Delphi Packard Local 717 retirees will hold their annual Christmas party Dec. 11 at DiLucia’s banquet hall, Warren, Ohio. Doors open at 10:30 a.m. Admission by membership card stamped Christmas Party paid.
Gifts will be collected for children’s services.
• Sharon Steel Girls hold their Christmas lunch at 11 a.m. Saturday in Hickory Grille, Hermitage. Info: Linda Savor, 724-927-2342; Judy Shakley, 330-394-2217; and Barbara Sheasley, 724-962-7521. Reservations: Fran Pavcik, 724-962-7178.
• Northeast Mercer County Democrat Club holds its Christmas Party at 6 p.m. today in Stoneboro Firehall. Take a covered dish to share. All are welcome.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information is not taken over the phone.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
Community briefs from Feb. 25, 2014
Card shower planned for Orville Dean’s 93rd
Apple Castle hosts pruning demonstration
Water conservation is focus of home tour
Gardeners can get basics of starting seeds indoors
Things to do from Feb. 25, 2014
A listing of happenings and events in the area available to the public.
High School Speech Team sends eight to state tournament
The Mercer High School Speech Team opened post-season competition Saturday by qualifying eight members to the Pennsylvania High School Speech League state tournament during District 1’s annual qualifying tournament at Pine-Richland High School, Gibsonia. District 1 includes member schools in Mercer, Butler, Crawford, and Erie counties.
- More Community Headlines