• West Middlesex High School class of 1959 meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Middlesex Diner. All classmates, spouses and friends are invited.
• Wilmington Township Mercer County Civic League announces that Lyle Johnston from the Apple Castle will be the guest speaker at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 19 in the Wilmington Township, Mercer County, Municipal Building.
• Farrell High School class of 1947 at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 21 at Montana’s Rib and Chop House, Hermitage.
• The Ancient Order of Hibernians meets at 7 p.m. Dec. 3 and the first Tuesday of each month at Pizza Joe’s in Sharon.
The Ancient Order of Hibernians is an Irish Catholic men’s organization. New members welcome.
• Sharon High School class of 1956 meets at noon Wednesday at Jess’s Junction, formerly Jess’s Restaurant, Hermitage.
Info: Jean, 724-347-7590 or Donna, 724-962-5551.
• The Church of God of Prophecy, 2396 Leesburg-Grove City Road, Mercer, holds its third annual free Thanksgiving dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
Dinner includes turkey, real mashed potatoes, stuffing, vegetable, cole slaw, drink and dessert.
Info: 724-748-3735. Eat-in only.
• Harbor of Hope Ministries, 145 S. Broad St., next to Beans on Broad in Grove City, holds a free turkey giveaway from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday.
• Barkeyville United Methodist Church, 5420 Pittsburgh Road, Harrisville, is having a ham and noodle casserole dinner from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Friday.
Menu includes veggie and salad, desserts and beverage.
• Barkeyville United Methodist Church is having a fruit sale. Orders are being taken for grapefruit, navel oranges and tangerines.
To order, call 724-458-0465 or 814-786-7489 by Nov. 24.
• St. John’s Orthodox Church (originators of the Chinese auction in Shenango Valley) will hold a Chinese auction Nov. 24 in St. John’s Fellowship Hall, 3180 Morefield Road, Hermitage. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. and drawings start at 3 p.m.
Admission and refreshments is $5.
Ticket reservations, call 724-346-4457.
Arts and crafts
• Jamestown Elementary PTO holds its Fourth Annual Holiday Craft Show from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 7 at the elementary school, 3938 Douthett Drive, Jamestown.
Interested crafters and vendors, call to reserve your spot, 724-932-3181 ext. 2113 or ext. 2122.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, holds a bake sale Nov. 26. Orders are to be picked up between 3 and 5 p.m.
Orders are being taken for homemade doughnuts, $10 per dozen; pogaca, $5; apple strudel, $8; and nut rolls, $12.
Orders: Honey, 724-342-0115; or Desa, 724-528-3708.
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014