• During February, all adult clothing at Grove City Community Food Pantry’s Thrifty Threads thrift shop is half price, which means a bag of six or seven items can be bought for only $1.
All proceeds go directly to the pantry, which this month is requesting fruit and fruit-related products. Tax-deductible donations can also be accepted at 114 S. Center St. or through the secure website: www.gccommunityfoodpantry.org
The food pantry is on Facebook and is supported by Grove City Area United Way, organizations, churches, and individuals throughout the community. Anyone in need of food pantry services or anyone interested in volunteering can call Traci Turner at 724-458-5208.
• A spaghetti dinner to benefit Safe4Athletes, a nonprofit organization to end bullying, is set for 4 to 7 p.m. today at North Sharon Fire Hall, 469 Thornton St., Sharon.
Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for ages 12 and younger.
There will be a Chinese auction, 50/50 raffle and participants can meet Katherine Starr, founder and an Olympic medalist.
Tickets, 724-813-9302; 724-658-9647; or 724-342-7024.
• Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 3325 Morefield Road, Hermitage, is having a meat loaf dinner beginning at 5 p.m. Saturday. Cost is $7.50 for adults and $3.50 for ages 10 and younger. Takeouts available. Tickets can be purchased from any Dorcas member, in advance at the church office or at the door.
• A pancakes and sausage breakfast will be from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday at Mercer County Shrine Club, Lamor Road, Hermitage.
Cost is $7 for adults and free to children younger than 12.
Proceeds benefit the Mercer County Shrine Club and Wheel Patrol.
• Pretty Girls Inc. presents “Kindness” from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays through March 21 at New Light Christian Education Community Center, Cedar Avenue, Sharon.
Help Pretty Girls Inc. give back to the community by donating blankets and/or monetary donations to local organizations.
Info: 724-418-1959 or email: email@example.com
• Farrell High School class of 1960 meets at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at The Golden Apple Inn, Wheatland.
Spouses and guests welcome.
• Central Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Hermitage, will be holding their next free community breakfast from 9 to 11 a.m. Feb. 22.
The breakfast includes pancakes, french toast, eggs, sausage, home fries, cereal, fruit and beverages.
Everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a hot meal and fellowship.
Central Christian Church is located at 218 Meadowbrook Road in Hermitage. Meadowbrook Road is off State Street at Eat’n Park. The free breakfast is provided the second and fourth Saturday of every month. There are no requirements to receive this free meal.
• A department service officer from The American Legion will be on hand to answer any questions regarding VA and State benefits from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 20 at American Legion Post 299, 1395 E. State St., Sharon.
No appointment is necessary. Simply take proof of veteran’s status.
Info: 800-274-8387, ext. 2037.
• Quota of Shenango Valley and Sharon Regional Health System sponsor an American Sign Language I sign language class beginning March 6 at the Diagnostic and Imaging Center, Hermitage. There is a $20 fee.