• Sharon Tube retirees meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Sharpsville American Legion.
• Hermitage Historical Society holds a membership meeting at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Stewart House. Tours will be available.
At 7 p.m., Bob Lark will discuss a vareity of subjects covering Hermitage and Mercer County.
Also, the February meeting is Bring a Valentine for Stewart House. Members and guests may take items for the house such as paper products – paper towels, toilet paper and facial tissue; window cleaner; and other cleaning supplies.
Volunteers are needed for house tours, spring cleaning and yard and flower bed cleanup.
Antique furnishings in the period of the Stewart House are still being sought.
Annual dues for 2014 are now due.
• The GFWC Grove City Women’s Club holds its annual vetetable and potato soup sale Feb. 21 in Grace United Methodist Church. Orders are to be picked up between 3 and 5 p.m.
Vegetable soup costs $6 a quart or $3 a pint; potato soup is $5 a quart or $2.50 a pint.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information is not taken over the phone.
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014