• Juniper Village at the Shenango Inn, 1330 Kimberly Road, Sharon, hosts Ask the Pharmacist at noon April 29, following a complimentary lunch.
Seats are limited. Reserve one at 724-347-4000.
• UPMC Horizon offers these programs:
Silver and Fit, 1 to 2 p.m. today and Thursday, Wellness Center, 26 Conneaut Lake Road, Hempfield Township. Info: 724-588-3001.
Birth Place tours, 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesdays, hospital in Farrell. Register: 724-983-7962.
• Sharon Regional Health System offers these programs in the Diagnostic & Imaging Center, Hermitage, unless otherwise noted:
Tours of the Birthing Center in the hospital, 740 E. State St., Sharon, daily from 1 to 5 p.m. Appointments: 724-983-3927 or www.sharonregional.com for a virtual tour of the Birthing Center.
Wellness Within Your Reach, noon today with practical nurse Gayle Linden as speaker. Register: 724-983-5518 or 800-346-7997.
• Jameson Hospice of Lawrence County will host a live video webcast focusing on Helping Adolescents Cope with Loss. The program will be shown at 1:30 p.m. Thursday in Jameson Hospital South Conference Center, 1000 S. Mercer St., New Castle.
Info/register, call Rebecca Wendel at 724-652-8847.
• An open house for Sharon Regional Health System’s School of Nursing is set for 5 to 7 p.m. April 17 at the school at 740 E. State St. Prospective applicants can meet faculty, receive information on financial assistance, and tour the facilities.
Through an agreement with Penn State Shenango, Sharon Regional offers students the opportunity to seamlessly earn both a diploma in nursing from Sharon Regional and a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Penn State. Applications are accepted until Dec. 1 for the next class, starting in August 2015.
Info: 724-983-3865 or www.sharonregional.com/schoolnursing
• Jameson Memorial Hospital School of Nursing invites all who are interested in learning more about becoming a nurse to an open house from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in Jameson Memorial Hospital School of Nursing, 1211 Wilmington Ave., New Castle.
The school at Jameson Hospital North Campus, offers a 19-month diploma program that prepares students to become a registered nurse.
For more information, or to register, call 724-656-4052 or visit jamesonhealth.org/schoolofnursing