• West Middlesex Presbyterian Church, Main Street, hosts a free community dinner from 6 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Thiel College Spring Into Action 2014 will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at Riverside Park and on Main Street in Greenville. Registration is from 9 to 10 a.m. or noon to 1 p.m. in the park off Alan Avenue.
Participants will be cleaning up litter. Take work tools, work gloves and water bottle.
• Volant Lions Club spaghetti dinner plus basket raffle is 4 to 7 p.m. April 24 at Leesburg Presbyterian Church, U.S. Route 19 and state Route 208. Tickets: adults, $8; children younger than 12, $4.
• Grove City-based Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV hosts the second annual Let Me Win 5K Run/Walk. Runners and walkers of all ages are invited to join the event April 26 at Neshannock High School’s John Thompson Memorial Trail, 3834 Mitchell Road, near New Castle. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the race will start at 10.
The deadline for pre-registration is April 16. Proceeds benefit Special Olympics of Butler, Lawrence, and Mercer counties.
Registration forms: www.miu4.org or 724-458-6700, ext. 1218. Cost for pre-registered adults is $20. Pre-registered students in kindergarten through college can participate for $15. Children younger than age 5 chaperoned by an adult are free. Race day registration for all ages is $25.
• A benefit spaghetti dinner for Jason Hayes Jr. of Hubbard, formerly of Brookfield, is set for 4 to 8 p.m. May 10 at the Brookfield Firehall. Jason has been diagnosed with Chiari Malformation Type 1 requiring extensive surgery over the next few months.
Cost is $7 for adults; $4 for children; and free for ages 2 and younger.
There will also be a 50/50 raffle, a quilt raffle, and a Chinese auction.
Donations can be made at any Huntington Bank location or mailed to Hayes, Box 274, Brookfield 44403.
Tickets and/or info: 330-984-6894 or 330-501-5388.
• A spaghetti dinner will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. SaturdayApril 12 at Shenango Valley Masonic Lodge 810, South Neshannock Road at East State Street, Hermitage.
Dinner includes spaghetti and meatballs, salad, drink and dessert.
Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 12 and younger. Takeouts available.
Drawing will be held for two free dinners.
• Cedar Avenue Church of God, Sharon, is sponsoring a Palm Sunday bake sale from 1 to 2 p.m. Sunday in the church narthex. Proceeds will benefit the 10th anniversary celebration events set for June to fete Pastor Charles W. Johnson Jr. and Lady Crystal Johnson.
Arts & crafts
• The spring bazaar at Grove Manor, 435 N. Broad St., Grove City, is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday4/11. There will be crafts, baked goods, candy, and nachos for lunch for $4.
Info: Sandy, 724-458-7800.