• Shenango Conservancy will hold a spring hike on the Shenango Trail Saturday. Meet at Big Bend Trailhead, shuttle to New Hamburg and hike back to Big Bend. The trail, which can be wet, is about four miles. It is an easy to moderate hike.
• Grove City Volunteer Fire Department, 395 E. Pine St., is having an open house from 1 to 4 p.m. May 4.
Come tour the new “Station 95” and see the fire apparatus.
There will be refreshments, demonstrations and door prizes.
• Hickory United Methodist Church, 240 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage, will hold it good used clothing and miscellaneous sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 2 and 9 to 11:30 a.m. May 3, which will also be $1 bag day.
• White elephant, bake sale and soup luncheon will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 3 at the Sheakleyville United Methodist Church.
Eat lunch and enjoy the fellowship or take your own containers to take soup home.
• A spaghetti dinner, bake sale, Chinese auction and 50/50 raffle fundraiser sponsored by Amy’s Angels is set for 3 to 7 p.m. May 3 in Brookfield Firehall, 774 state Route 7, to benefit Amy Moffett, wife and mother, who was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer and is accruing substantial medical bills.
Tickets: $7 for adults, $5 for children and free for children younger than 3. Takeouts are available.
Donations also accepted at any Huntington Bank. Info: Nikki, 330-507-2528 or 330-856-0469.
• The 16th Annual Mercer County 4-H Benefit Auction will be held May 3 at the 4-H Show Arena, 463 N. Perry Highway, Mercer, next to the Member County Extension Office. Doors and kitchen open at 5:30 p.m. and auction begins at 6:30 p.m.
Info: Extension Office at, 724-662-3141.
• Mercer County Pennsylvania Association of School Retirees holds spring luncheon May 14 at Hickory Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6166, Normandy Banquet Center, 5550 E. State St., Hermitage. Registration and coffee and refreshments at 9:30 a.m.; business meeting at 10 a.m.; entertainment by the YMCA Guys and Gals line dancers at 11 a.m. and a buffet lunch at noon.
Cost is $12 and payable to MCPASR. Send reservations to: Debbie Hazi, 4089 Blue Jay Drive, Sharpsville, PA 16150 by May 5.
• Primetimers, a 55 and over group, meets at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Clarks Mills United Methodist Church for fellowship. Program at 11 a.m. will be bingo and a good-bye party.
Take any item you have that you don’t know what it is and hope someone else can identify it. We call this, “What Is It?”
This is the last program until fall. Everyone welcome.
Info: Church, 724-253-2424.
• The Midwestern Local Task Force-Right to Education meeting will be from 10 a.m. to noon May 8 at Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV, Grove City.
This meeting is open to all parents with children with disabilities.
Info: 724-458-6700, ext. 1207.