• Shenango Valley AARP meets at 1 p.m. May 7 at the Shenango Valley Senior Center, Hermitage. An officers meeting will be held at 10:30 a.m.
Speaker will be Susan Kovacik, community manager at Whispering Oaks. She will discuss ways and processes of changing to a senior living community.
AARP members will also sign up for the August picnic as there is no July meeting.
• Hickory High School class of 1968 meets for lunch at noon the first Saturday of each month at Denny’s restaurant, 2079 E. State St., Hermitage.
All classmates, visitors and guests are welcome.
Upcoming topics for discussion will be a 65th class birthday party, annual summer barbeque/picnic, and preliminary ideas for the 50th class reunion. Also open for discussion will be joining with other class years for a joint annual summer picnic/party.
Info: Greg Bohn, 904-583-9219 or email@example.com
• A spaghetti dinner, bake sale, Chinese auction and 50/50 raffle fundraiser sponsored by Amy’s Angels is set for 3 to 7 p.m. May 3 in Brookfield Firehall, 774 state Route 7, to benefit Amy Moffett, wife and mother, who was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer and is accruing substantial medical bills.
Tickets: $7 for adults, $5 for children and free for children younger than 3. Takeouts are available.
Donations also accepted at any Huntington Bank. Info: Nikki, 330-507-2528 or 330-856-0469.
• Penn State Shenango is having a rummage sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 3 in McDowell Hall, Shenango Avenue, downtown Sharon. Penn State Berkey Creamery Ice Cream will be available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There will be household items, clothes, kids’ toys and more.
Proceeds from the rummage sale benefit United Way.
• Farrell Court of the Order of the Amaranth, a Masonic-affiliated fraternal organization, will hold a fundraising spaghetti dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. May 3 at Kedron Lodge, Erie and Walnut streets, West Middlesex.
Dinner for adults is $8 and $4 for children ages 10 and younger.
Info: Beth Ann McCracken-Griffin, 724-347-2666.
• Brookfield United Methodist Church, 6951 Grove St., Brookfield, is having a craft and vendor bash from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 3.
There will be as many as 30 vendors, Chinese auction, 50/50 raffle, smart TV raffle, face painting and food.