• Women in the NAACP are having a fashion extravaganza May 25 in the ballroom of Buhl-Timblin Casino in Buhl Farm, Hermitage. The event is a collaborative effort with the mentoring groups of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., Epsilon Mu Omega Chapter, of Emerging Young Leaders and Shenango Valley Urban League’s NULITES.
Proceedswill benefit the scholarship program.
Cost is $15 for adults and $10 for ages 12 and younger. Tickets can be purchased from any NAACP member or by contacting Deanna Yarboro-Brown, 724-977-4170. Tickets will also be available at the door.
• Hermitage Historical Society holds its 16th annual flea market from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. SaturdayMay 10. Set up at 7 a.m. at the Stewart House.
Vendor space available for $10 and take your own tables.
Donated items benefit the society. Call 724-981-4843 for pickups.
There will be a variety of vendors, crafts, books, food and more.
All proceeds benefit the society.
• The trustees of Kinsman United Methodist Church, 8362 Main St., hold their last chicken and biscuit dinner of the season from 4 to 7 p.m. May 14.
Tickets are $7.50 for adults, $3.75 for children ages 4-12 and free for children ages 3 and younger. Takeouts available by calling 330-876-5641.
• Mercer County Conservation District hosts these programs at the Pig Barn at at Munnell Run Farm, Coolspring Township:
Learn to identify wildflowers, beginning at 9 a.m. May 13 , followed at 11 a.m. by lunch in Sandy Lake and an interpretive walk at Goddard State Park. The day will conclude at about 2 p.m. Fee: $10. Register with Jacqueline by Friday at 724-662-2242.
Build-Your-Own Rain Barrel Workshops from 10 a.m. to noon May 17 and June 14 and from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. May 28. Participants will receive all the materials, tools, and instruction necessary to construct their own rain barrel. Free, but registration is required at 724-662-2242.
• Farrell High School class of 1950 meets at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at The Golden Apple, Wheatland.