• West Middlesex 150th Celebration: T-shirt Day is July 14. Celebration items will be on sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. TuesdayJuly 8 and 1 to 5 p.m. July 9 at the gazebo on Main Street in West Middlesex.
• Stony Point Grange 1694 hosts their annual homemade ice cream supper from 4 to 7 p.m. July 19 at the grange hall, 69 Kremis Road, Greenville.
Ice cream is sold by two to four scoops with toppings; combo meal is offered with hot or cold sandwich, small salad, two scoops of ice cream with piece of cake for $5.
• The Mercer-Northwest Guernsey Breeders Association hosts their annual ice cream supper from 5 to 9 p.m. July 11 at the Mercer County 4-H Park on Route 19, 465 N. Perry Highway, 1 mile north of Mercer.
People return each year for the all-you-can-eat summer treat. For newcomers, seeing ice cream served with a shiny scoop shaped like a garden trowel is always a shock but they learn quickly that no other tool can put out the giant servings that are offered to all the visitors.
The rich vanilla ice cream can be topped with chocolate syrup or strawberries. It is served with a choice of cake and coffee or cold drink.
The event is held rain or shine with indoor and outdoor seating.
Ice cream is also available for purchase to take home to provide this delicious treat for those who can’t stay and sit a spell or visitors who just want some ice cream for later in the year.
Volunteers do all the serving.
Tickets are available in advance at the Leslie N. Firth Learning Center, next door to the park, or from directors of the Guernsey association. Adults tickets are $7; and children, 5-10 years old, are $4. Children under age 4 are free.
• Mercer County Christian Coalition meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the First Assembly of God, 1455 N. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage.
The subject for discussion is “The Media, Sources and Alternatives”. The discussion will be led by Michelle Zolnier and Frank Ross. With so many sources available, it is necessary to know how to access and verify the information gathered.
ˆ• Sharon High School class of 1949 meets for lunch at noon Tuesday in Thunder Alley at Quaker Steak & Lube, Sharon.
All classmates and friends welcome.
• The Grove City Area AARP Chapter 3423 invites anyone over the age of 50 to a picnic meeting at noon July 10 at the VFW on Blair Street. Attendees are asked to bring a picnic dish and own table service. Hot dogs, buns and condiments will be provided. Bingo will be played during the summer meetings so please bring 10 dimes.
Info: 724-458-8316 or 724-458-5032.