• Greenville Senior Service Center sponsors a bus trip to Presque Isle Casino, Erie, on April 21. Depart at 9:30 a.m. from Anderson Coach & Travel, Greenville and Greenville High Rise at 9:40 a.m. and depart the casino at 4:30 p.m. to return home at approximately 5:45 p.m.
Cost is $30 and includes $35 in free slot play. Payment is due with reservations.
Reservations: 724-588-3155. A state issued photo I.D. is required to obtain a Players Club Card
• Register your team for the Grove City Cartidarod food-drive race to benefit the Grove City Community Food Pantry and Thrifty Threads. The race is hosted by Grove City Branch Church and will be held on Saturday and starts at the Save-A-Lot parking lot. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. and the race at 9 a.m. Use your creativity, excitement and energy in donating food and decorating a cart to help feed the hungry.
Info and registration: www.facebook.com/cartidarod or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The fourth annual Chinese auction fundraiser to benefit Mercer County Mental Health Association is set for April 6 at Sharon American Legion Post 299, 1395 E. State St., Sharon. Doors open at 12:30 p.m. and auction starts at 3 p.m.
Admission is $5 and includes one sheet of tickets plus some refreshments.
There will be extra raffles to include larger items, baskets, 50/50, money bouquet and more. Snacks will be sold.
Purchase your ticket prior to March 24 and receive a free sheet of tickets.
Info: 724-347-1303 or 724-866-2788.
• Brookfield United Methodist Church, 6951 Grove St., on the Village Green in Brookfield, will serve its renown spaghetti dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday in the fellowship hall. Takeouts available beginning 3:30 p.m..
Dinners include all-you-can-eat spaghetti, meatballs, salad bar, bread and butter, beverage and homemade desserts.
Cost is $8 for adults, $4 for children ages 6 to 12 and children younger than age 6 are free.
Info: Church at 330-448-1001.
• The Skylarks of Sharon will hold its Annual Model Swap Shop and Flea Market beginning at 9 a.m. Sunday at the Hickory Veterans of Foreign Wars, 5550 E. State St., Hermitage. Set up starts at 8 a.m.
Full tables available for $10 each.
There will be 50/50 raffle and coffee, beverages and food will be available.
General admission is $4, each table sold includes one admission.
Send pre-registration to Skylarks of Sharon, 230 S. Myers Ave., Sharon 16146. Pre-registration is highly recommended. Payment in full should be included with registration.
Info: Gordon Longstreet at 724-346-2841; e-mail at email@example.com or visit www.skylarksofsharon.org
• Stony Point Homemakers meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. John’s Lutheran Church, Route 58, Greenville.
Barbara Kremm will speak about health related issues.
Following the meeting there will be a tureen lunch and the group will work on lap robes.
Take a non-food product for the Salvation Army and an item for the service person.
New members welcome.
• Mercer County Board of Assistance retirees meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Ferrara’s Restaurant, 869 E. State St., Sharon.
• The retired employees of the Reynolds and Sharon plants of Westinghouse Electric Corp. meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the Activities Building in Buhl Farm, Hermitage.
• Sharon High School class of 1960 gather at 1 p.m. Tuesday at The Golden Apple Inn, Broadway Avenue, Wheatland.
• The Mercer County Historical Society, 119 S. Pitt St., Mercer, presents a program for its Civil War Roundtable titled “The Politically Incorrect Civil War” on Tuesday. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the program begins at 7 p.m. The program will be presented by Jim Carnes. The roundtable meets the second Tuesday of each month from September through May. Participation in the discussion group is free.
• Pymatuning Joint High School class of 1953 will meet for lunch at Carini’s in Jamestown at 12:30 on Wednesday.
All members, spouses, and friends are invited.
• The Mercer County Historical Society, 119 S. Pitt St., Mercer, hosts its “History in the Making” discussion group March 18. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the program starts at 7 p.m. Part of this meeting will focus on a video production from archives of different countries. This meeting with feature Nemesis – Germany February through May 1945 and Japan: 1945-1945 – the War Years.
• Animal Appeal, a pet education and rescue organization, is in need of laundry detergent, paper towels, fabric softener sheets, bleach and dishwashing liquid to help with dog and cat care at the shelter.
Items can be dropped off at Hermitage Agway, 4065 E. State St.
Info: 724-347-3031 or 724-962-9284.
• Pymatuning State Park, Jamestown, hosts vernal pools and its importance in the ecosystem at 6 p.m. March 18.
The program starts in the environmental classroom at the Jamestown Marina and continues at a vernal pool, where participants can search for the reptiles and amphibians that live there.
Info or directions: 724-932-3142. Details: www.state.pa.us or www.dcnr.state.pa.us