• Meet with a Legaci certified buyer to examine your unwanted gold, silver, and platinum jewelry today at UPMC Horizon’s Greenville hospital and Thursday and Friday at the hospital in Farrell. This is a fundraiser for UPMC Horizon Community Health Foundation. Appointments: 724-983-7159.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s Gutchies for Kidz program continues to accept new undergarments for school-age children through high school.
Drop-off tubs are at:
• Knott’s Interiors – 1505 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
• Greenville Savings Bank – 550 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
• Je’riel Fashions – 1550 E. State St., Hermitage
• Lori Rollinson’s Hair Boutique – 22 E. Shenango St., Sharpsville
Info: 724-347-7410 or 724-699-7282.
• Grove City Medical Center invites crafters, or would-be crafters to warm up their holiday spirit with a make-and-take holiday centerpiece designing event from 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 4 at the hospital’s Education Center.
The event, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside!” will feature all of the supplies to make a lovely hand-crafted holiday centerpiece using live local greenery, adorned with ribbon and candles, under the guidance of skilled instructors. Crafters will also enjoy assorted holiday refreshments and the fellowship of spending an evening with friends and neighbors!
For a donation of just $10, crafters leave with a lovely centerpiece to complement their holiday décor, or to give away as the perfect hostess gift. Those wishing to purchase a ready-made centerpiece are welcome to do so for $15.
All proceeds will be donated to the March of Dimes on behalf of Grove City Medical Center’s Maternal Child Health Department, to benefit premature babies and their families throughout Western Pennsylvania.
To register, call 724-450-7191.
•The theme for the Mercer County Girl Scout float in the Hermitage Light Up Night Parade at 6 p.m. Saturday will be “Pink Christmas.” The Girl Scouts recently decided to tie in a service project with the float. They will be collecting bandanas for cancer patients receiving radiation/chemo treatments. There will be walkers beside the float with collection baskets labeled for bandana donation.