• Mercer County Conservation District has a free movie night, “A Duckumentary,” from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday in the “Pig Barn” at Munnell Run Farm, located at 24 Avalon Court Suite 300, Mercer. The movie highlights the fantastic life of and fascinating facts about ducks. This movie will showcase many of the little-known facts about these beautiful creatures.
Drinks and fresh popcorn available; all money donations received for the refreshments will go towards future environmental education programs.
Pre-register today by calling 724-662- 2242 and asking for Jacqueline or Chris.
• Shenango Valley Senior Center, 220 N. Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage, is hosting an Oglebay “Festival of Lights” trip Dec. 3 with two departure sites. Participants will depart at 2 p.m. from the senior center and at 2:30 p.m. from the parking lot of Sharon City Centre. Itinerary includes eating at Melman’s Cafeteria, touring the Oglebay Mansion, and visiting the Good Zoo, West Virginia Train Display, Holiday Laser Light Show before reboarding the bus for the Festival of Lights. Seats reserved with $50 payment and particpants must be 50 or older. Info: 981-7950 or 346-4712
• The Salvation Army holds its 24th Annual Thanksgiving Day Feast on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28, for everyone in the community. This homestyle sit-down meal will be served at noon. Devotions begin at 11 a.m.
Meals will be delivered to seniors who can not attend.
Reservations or delivery (for shut-ins), call 724-347-5537.
• Mercer County Council of Republican Women will hold their annual Christmas luncheon Dec. 7 at Jess’s Junction, 3640 East State Street, Hermitage. The luncheon will start at 11 a.m.
Entertainment will be provided by the Grove City Women’s Choir. A special menu of items will be available for your choice. Reservations, call Edna Gibson at 724-962-0792 by Nov. 29.
• Mercer County Republican Women Committee Christmas party will begin at 7 p.m. Dec. 12 in the Brandy Springs Community Building.
The organizers ask that participants bring cookies to share and an unwrapped gift for a child to be given to charity.
•The Davis and Ulp Streets Block Watch will meet at 6 p.m. today in Mount Olive Batist Church, 8148 Ulp St., Masury.
All Masury residents are invited to attend.
• Farrell High School class of 1960 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at The Golden Apple Inn, Wheatland.
Spouse and guests are welcome.