• West Middlesex High School class of 1970 meets for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Billy’s Black and Gold, Sharon.
All classmates and friends are welcome. Final plans have been made for the birthday celebration July 20 at the home of Kathy Hickey.
• Sharon High School class of 1962 gathers for lunch at noon June 25 in Laddie’s Sky Club, Brookfield.
Spouses and guests are welcome.
• Farrell High School class of 1964 meets at noon Saturday at Denny’s restaurant, Hermitage.
All are welcome. 2
• Mercer County Human Services hold a public hearing at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Children & Youth Services, 8425 Sharon-Mercer Road, Mercer.
Those who attend can learn more about the Mercer County Human Services Programs and offer comments.
• Weave a casserole basket with reeds and grasses with artisan Lynn Croskey Peterson from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 28 at Munnell Run Farm’s Pig Barn, 753 Greenville Road, Coolspring Township. Take a pencil, scissors, a lunch, a ruler, and a casserole dish, either round or 9-by-13 rectangle.
Cost for the program is $10.
Preregister by Friday with Jacqueline at 724-662-2242.
• Space is available for Club Pet Adoption’s trash, treasures and treats fundraiser from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 9 at the pavilion at Reynolds Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Tables are available for yard sale items, as well as crafters and vendors. Proceeds from table rentals and food sales benefit the cats and dogs living at Club Pet Adoption in Delaware Township, a non-profit, all volunteer rescue.
Club Pet will have dogs from the shelter available to “meet and greet.”
Cost is $10 to rent an 8-foot table space and each additional 8-foot table is $5. To reserve space, write the number of tables you wish to rent, total cost, yard sale items or craft you are selling, vendor name, phone number and e-mail address to Paula Reiber, 447 Creek Road, Fredonia 16124.
If you include table payment, make checks payable to Club Pet Adoption.
There is off-street parking, food and restrooms. Table setup is at 7 a.m.
Info: Jane, 724-704-1314, or Paula, 724-877-9612
• Kinsman Amish Church holds a benefit fish fry from 3 to 7 p.m. June 27 at Kinsman Fire Hall, Ridge Road.
Menu includes fish, French fries, baked beans, cole slaw, dinner rolls, pie, ice cream and beverages.
Takeouts available. Cost is by donation. Proceeds help with local hospital bills.
Info: 330-876-0389 or 724-932-3776.
• There will be a Laying of the Roses at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Mercer County Korean War Memorial, state Route 318 at Stateline Road, near Oak Tree Golf Course in Shenango Township. Follow detour signs.
Take a chair and sun hat. All are invited.
• The Learning Dog Training & Enrichment Center, 757 N. Main St., Hubbard, celebrates its fourth open house from noon to 4 p.m. June 22.
There will be door prizes, gifts, food and refreshments, a Chinese auction, specials on classes and memberships and more.
The Learning Dog is a force-free dog training facility.
Proceeds will help local animal rescues.
Dogs are welcome.