• Melissa S. Crytser, 25, of 8240 Ohio St., was charged with failing to confine her dogs after police said they were called three times with complaints that the animals were running loose and attacking a neighbor’s cat. The last incident happened at 8:10 a.m. Sunday, police said, and she told police her dogs had gotten loose the day before and she was unable to catch them.
• Police found five marijuana plants in a vacant house in the 7900 block of Rose Ave. after neighbors reported the back door of the duplex was open. Police said the home has been vacant about a week and when a patrolman went in to check the home he found the plants on a window sill on the second floor. Police are investigating to find out who owned the plants.
• Brian Tatomirovich, 41, of 570 Meek St., Sharon, was charged with domestic violence at 7:42 p.m. Saturday after he allegedly slapped and punched a 42-year-old woman at a home in the 1100 block of Sharon-Hogue Road, police said.
• Police charged a 15-year-old Masury male with manufacturing an illegal drug after police spotted a suspected marijuana plant in the attic window of his home. A woman who answered the door in the 800 block of Wahabe Court said she didn’t know anything about the plant, but the 15-year-old male who also lived there admitted to owning it. The incident occurred at 12:05 p.m. Friday.
Greenville-West Salem Township
• Police arrested Eric Stewart, 22, of Greenville on charges of possession of marijuana and disorderly conduct for allegedly causing a disturbance with a BB gun on Vance Street shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday. Police said they found a clear plastic bag with marijuana on Stewart and that he admitted to having the BB gun outside earlier in the evening but had taken it back inside.
• Christopher Blake, 24, of 113 Dale St., was cited at 8:10 a.m. Saturday and again at about 9:15 a.m. Sunday for letting his dog run at large, police said, adding Blake also was cited for not having tags on the dog.
- Death Listing
Deaths from March 11, 2014
Leslie Ann Bovard, 69, of Grove City.
Marcella Ann Fiorina-Dixon, 78, formerly of Greenville.
Edward M. Derrick, 83, of Transfer.
Louise E. Hogg, 91, of Hermitage.
Korine “Ko” L. Krichko, 84, West Salem Township.
Twila I. Roberts, 84, of Jackson Township.
Mary J. Vitril, 96, Lawrence County.
Deaths from March 10, 2014
Phyllis J. Cooper, 94, formerly of West Salem Township.
Frank E. Gravatt, 88, Mercer (Coolspring Township), formerly of Clarks Mills and Sandy Lake.
Spring Viola McMurdy, 53, of Farrell.
Beverly L. Stull, 76, of Sharpsville (Jefferson Township).
Deaths from March 9, 2014
Sandra J. Cooper, 64, of Hermitage.
Ervin “Red” J. Osborne, 86, of Sharpsville.
Deaths from March 8, 2014
Carolyn Coon Brown Cronin, 87, Ross Township, Allegheny County, formerly of Sharon.
William L. Duncan, 69, Butler.
Diane D. Harper, 82, Hermitage, formerly of Florida.
William Nespor, 85, Hermitage.
George Raich, 76, Hermitage.
William Waclaski, 90, Brookfield.
Deaths from March 7, 2014
Robert J. Fuller, 72, Masury.
Harlan E. Shaffer Sr., 81, Ocala, Fla., and Youngstown.
Deaths from March 6, 2014
Mary Joan Girlinghouse Egan, 81, Jackson Township.
Colleen Grossman, 81, Hermitage.
Calvin Holloway, 59, Sharon.
John C. Hoye, 97, Volant.
Beverly Penney McFarland, 85, Wilmington Township.
Lucille Parker, 92, Sharon.
Adam Puhl Jr., 79, Sharon.
Nenya Buttles Warrick, 74, Wilmington Township.
Deaths from March 5, 2014
Myrtle L. Bryant, 88, formerly of Wallis Avenue, Farrell.
Louise R. Hudson, 91, formerly of Sharon.
William “Ed” McCullough, 88, Greenville.
Stephen Allen Webber, 59, Sharpsville.
Deaths for March 4, 2014
Gavin Nathaniel Miller, 26 days, Sharon.
Thelma Louise Plake Miller, 88, formerly of Reynolds.
Stephen Mark Paris, 57, South Pymatuning Township.
Hiroko Powell, 80, Wheatland.
Deaths from March 3, 2014
Harold C. “Tootie” Atkinson, 75, formerly of Hermitage.
Joan Doverspike, 84, Raccoon Township, Beaver
Robert M. “Snowball” Gilliland, 95, formerly of Grove City.
Stella L. Hacker, 97, of Hubbard.
Margaret M. “Marge” Novocal, 92, of Sharon.
Norma M. Reardon, 88, of Sharon.
Rose Rudberg, Hermitage.
Jesse J. Wasser, 29, of 148 Columbia Ave., Greenville.
Deaths from March 2, 2014
George L. Hoffman, 63, Maple Heights, formerly of Brookfield.
Norma Jeanne Landfried, 89, West Salem Township.
Darlene Mesaros, 56, Hermitage.
George Sveda, 80, Hermitage, formerly of Sterling Heights, Mich.
Matthew J. Sverchek, 77, Bell, Calif., formerly of Sharon.
Deaths from March 1, 2014
Theodore Williams, 46, Farrell.
William Writt, 91, Hermitage.
Deaths from Feb. 28, 2014
Joseph M. Gierchak, 29, Wheatland.
David Frederick “Moe” Hoagland Sr., 90, Hermitage, formerly of Sharon.
Glynn S. Johnson, 83, Farrell.
Robert Chapin McFarland, 80, New Wilmington.
Glenn L. Shawgo, 91, Pine Township.
Deaths from Feb. 27, 2014
Dolores J. “Dee” Baker, 69, formerly of Sandy Lake.
Lawrence “Sonny” Conover, 78, of Hadley.
Ernest Sylvester Davis, 83, of Washington, D.C.
Mildred P. Hohmann, 97, of Grove City, formerly of Harmony, Butler County.
Deaths from Feb. 26, 2014
Loran F. Bowser, 71, Pymatuning Township.
Dale A. Clark, 70, Sandy Lake.
David F. ‘Moe’ Hoagland, Sr., 87, formerly of Sharon.
Lynn V. McGranahan, 87, West Salem Township.
Deaths from Feb. 25, 2014
Victor Walter Darling, 59, of Lilac Drive, Shenango Township.
John Magnu, 52, formerly of Farrell.
Donald Frank “Pappy” Myers, 88, Greenville.
Norma J. Vrankovich, 76, Masury.
- More Death Listing Headlines
- Deaths from March 11, 2014