By Joe Pinchot
Herald Staff Writer
SHENANGO VALLEY —
A former Hermitage woman Monday acknowledged participating in 11 burglaries.
Tracy L. Hassel, 31, pleaded guilty to three counts of burglary and one count of conspiracy to commit burglary.
She admitted directly burglarizing, acting as a lookout or planning these crimes:
- March 9, 2011, break-in of a home in the 300 block of Cedar Avenue, Sharon, and stealing jewelry valued at about $100.
- March 10, 2011, break-in of a home in the 300 block of Greenwood Drive, Hermitage, and stealing jewelry valued at about $2,000.
- July 1, 2011, break-in of a home in the 500 block of Charlotte Avenue, Hermitage, and stealing jewelry valued at about $2,000.
- July 11, 2011, break-in of a home in the 2100 block of Buena Vista Drive, Hermitage, and stealing jewelry valued at about $100.
- July 20, 2011, attempted break-in of a home in the 500 block of Charlotte Avenue. She cut a window screen but was scared off by the resident.
- Feb. 28, 2011, break-in at Antique and Flea Market of West Middlesex, 3420 New Castle Road, Shenango Township. She smashed a front window and a dealerÕs case and made off with collector coins valued at about $5,000.
- March 7, 2011, break-in at the flea market, when she stole rings valued at about $1,500 from the same dealer.
- August 2011 plan to break into a home in the 100 block of Jackson Road, Shenango Township, to steal drugs and money. Hassel and two others went to the scene, but left when one of them could not find the telephone line to cut, police said.
- Aug. 23, 2011, break-in of a home in Lackawannock Township, and theft of compact discs.
- Aug. 29, 2011, break-in of a home in the 100 block of Dutch Lane and theft of jewelry.
- Sept. 11, 2011, break-in of a home in the sub-100 block of Emmett Street, Hermitage, and theft of jewelry.
Hassel told Hermitage police she sold the items stolen to get money for drugs.
Charges were filed by Hermitage, Southwest Mercer County Regional and state police.
Emile R. Pratt Jr., 30, and his wife, Candyce M. Pratt, 30, both formerly of Sharon, were charged in the Jackson Road attempted burglary, and were implicated in some of the other crimes with Hassel. While Candyce Pratt's cases are pending, Emile Pratt pleaded guilty last month to loitering and prowling at night in the Jackson Road case, and to burglary and criminal trespass for incidents in Sharon and Shenango Township.