About 200 volunteers will help to produce WaterFire Sharon on Aug. 3, Sept. 14 and Oct. 12.
Needed for the inaugural event on Aug. 3 are:
• Fire Tenders. People who feel comfortable being in a boat on the water at night will load firewood into the floating braziers. Tenders must dress in black; the only thing people lining the edge of the Shenango River will see is their faces, lighted dimly by the fires. Five more people are needed for the 7 to 9:30 p.m. shift and two more for the 9:30 to midnight shift.
Fire tenders must wear long-sleeved black cotton shirts, long black pants and black shoes. There can be no visible logos on anything.
• Pepsi Cart sales. They will be selling soft drinks and water. Six volunteers are needed for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., three for 2 to 6 p.m. and six for 6 to 10:30 p.m.
Volunteers must dress in black with no visible logos, be able to count change without a cash register and be responsible for the inventory and cash.
• Information and souvenir booth sales. Needed are three workers for 10 a.m. to noon, one for noon to 2 p.m., five for 4 to 6 p.m. and six for 6 to 10 p.m. Volunteers must wear black.
• Wood haulers. Twenty-five cord of wood must be loaded onto boats in the Shenango River. Strong people are needed to toss the wood or put it down a chute into a barge from which the wood boats will refill. Wood will be hauled to the river by a dump truck from the warehouse. Volunteers will load wood onto the barge floating on the river almost continuously through the evening. A few people are needed in the morning to help with the initial wood for the braziers. Needed are: five volunteers from 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 2, five from 8 a.m. to noon Aug. 3, and one or two people from 8 to 11 p.m.
• Barrier placers. Two groups of two volunteers are needed at about 8 p.m. Aug. 2 to place “road closed” barriers and two people are needed from 11 p.m. to midnight Aug. 3 to remove the barriers.
• Registration and check in. People are needed to man the volunteer and vendor check-in tent all day long. Slots left to fill are: one person from 7 to 10 a.m., two from 10 a.m. to noon, one from noon to 2 p.m. and one from 4 to 6 p.m., three from 6 to 8 p.m. and one from 8 to 10 p.m.
• Clean up. Litter crews are needed beginning at 8 a.m. Aug. 4 to pick up trash from the night’s activities.
• VIP Tent and Lounge. Needed at the lot behind the Convention and Visitors Bureau to check in VIPs are: one person for these shifts: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 2 to 6 p.m. and 6 to 10 p.m. Two people are needed at the entrance to the tent from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. and two are needed at the Shenango Valley Foundation office from 8 to 10 p.m.
• Event Staff. Four strong men are needed from 8 p.m. to midnight to walk around with Event Staff T-shirts and walkie talkies to notify police of unusual activities.
• Community art booths volunteers. Various shifts.
• Someone to check in the musicians. Shifts are at the WaterFire ballroom behind the Winner Arts and Cultural Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 2 to 5 p.m. and 5 to 10 p.m.
Volunteers can sign up by calling 724-981-5882, ext. 112, or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org