•Someone smashed a window of a car owned by a man who was moving and stole $1,800 worth of items, including a circular saw and other tools, a 12-gauge shotgun, an iPod and a tent, said police, who received the report at 7 a.m. Monday.
The vehicle was parked in a driveway in the 400 block of South Stateline Road, police said. The vehicle’s dashboard was damaged by the thief trying to rip out the car stereo, police said.
•Someone stole a black Honda bicycle between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday from a garage at 221 E Pine St., police said. They did not give a dollar value of the bike.
•Devon A. Williams, 22, of 919 Hamilton Ave., Farrell, has been charged with theft and summary retail theft for selecting a baby stroller and walking directly to the customer service desk to return it with a receipt for a stroller his girlfriend had bought a week earlier at Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road, police said. Williams received $137 for the return, police said. The incident happened at 12:44 p.m. July 9, police said.
•Jewelry, cigarettes and computer items were stolen in a burglary of an unlocked home between 7 a.m. and noon Tuesday in the 800 block of North Buhl Farm Drive, police said.
•Trae A. Yakell, 18, of 695 N. Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage, was arrested at 2:06 a.m. July 19 the 200 block of North Buhl Farm on charges of driving under the influence of marijuana and a lane violation, police said.
•Two men – one with a gun – robbed a city woman at about 11:15 p.m. Tuesday, police said.
The 38-year-old victim told police she was walking in the 400 block of Orchard Street when a young black man wearing a red hoodie ordered her to the ground and held a gun to her neck.
He and an accomplice wearing a black hoodie stole the woman’s black shoulder bag containing blood pressure pills, a cell phone and some papers, but no money. The victim was not injured by the robbers who ran in a northerly direction, police said.
•Firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday that they said was caused by an overheated pot on the stove in a unit at Pine Hollow Apartments, 331 E. Connelly Blvd.
No one was hurt in the unit leased to Lana Blakely, firefighters said.
American Red Cross is providing emergency assistance to Blakely, two other adults and in infant, and to a tenant next door whose apartment was filled with smoke.