Greenville-West Salem Township
• Casandra Wagner, 35, of Greenville, was charged with disorderly conduct, simple assault and harassment after police said she assaulted someone at 1:39 p.m. May 9 at Our Neighborhood Market, 104 S. Mercer St., Greenville.
• Someone stole an Xbox and games at about 11 a.m. May 10 at a home on West Main Street, Greenville, police said.
• Someone keyed a car damaging the front fender and door at 5:11 p.m. Thursday near Union Street, Greenville, police said.
• Someone stole an 18-volt battery charger at 1:25 p.m. Friday from a home on Clinton Street, Greenville, police said.
• Ashley Nichole Shirey, 20, of Greenville, was cited for threatening a woman for “snitching” on her at 1:45 p.m. Saturday at a business in the 200 block of Main Street, Greenville, police said.
• Someone sprayed a vehicle with silver paint at 6:20 a.m. Saturday on York Street, Greenville, police said. At 9:16 a.m. someone sprayed “Blood” in silver paint on a car on Taylor Street, police said.
• Someone stole a 42-inch television during a burglary at a house on Davis Street, Greenville, at 8:51 p.m. Sunday, police said.
•Fire Chief Robert S. Goeltz said he was unable to determine the cause of a fire that damaged a house Saturday at 832 Lyle Drive.
Goeltz said he believes the fire was an accident but has not been able to figure out why it started.
Owner Paul Strechansky awoke to the barking of the family dogs and fount light smoke in the kitchen, Goeltz said. He opened the basement door and found heavy heat, smoke and flames.
All family members were evacuated without injury, Goeltz said.
Fire was contained to the basement, with the rest of the house sustaining heavy heat and smoke damage, rendering it uninhabitable.
The family is being aided by American Red Cross. An effort to reach the family through the Red Cross was unsuccessful.
The fire was called in at 1:01 a.m.
The home is insured.