Greenville-West Salem Township
• Someone was caught trying to break into the pop machines at 4 a.m. Wednesday at the Greenville Fire Station, 111 East Ave., Greenville, but drove away before police arrived, police said.
• Someone checked to see if vehicles were unlocked along eight streets Monday night or Tuesday morning and is known to have entered and stolen items from one, a checkbook and change on Barmore Avenue, police said. Vehicles also were checked on Stewart, Center, Craig and West Poplar streets and Garden, Cedar and Elmwood avenues, police said.
• Tabitha S.R. King, 19, of 3097 Main St., West Middlesex, was charged with theft for stealing a man’s shirt, a T-shirt and food Dec. 9 from Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road, where she worked, police said. The value of the items is $83, police said.
• Dustin J. Clayton, 36, of 31 E. Shenango St., Sharpsville, was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia for having two bags of pot in his vehicle when he was pulled over for driving without a license plate light at 9:22 p.m. Dec. 7 in the 2200 block of River Road, police said.
• Clyde W. Richards, 28, of 185 Superior St., Hermitage, was arrested at 4:52 p.m. Tuesday in a wooded area near Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road, on charges of resisting arrest, possession of Suboxone without a prescription, possession of drug paraphernalia, summary retail theft and public drunkenness, police said. Richards stole a watch and a pair of batting gloves from the store, refused to stop for store employees, struggled with police who tried to handcuff him and had Suboxone and a flask of alcohol on him, police said.
• Justin T. Gable, 23, of 467 S. Otter St., Mercer, was charged with theft, receiving stolen property and tampering with evidence for stealing a video game system, controls and games Nov. 27, selling them to another borough resident, and then taking them from the buyer’s home and hiding them in a shed, police said.
Southwest Mercer County Regional
ä Michelle L. Trough, 27, of 113 Fruit Ave., Farrell, was charged with theft for stealing a relative’s laptop computer and cellular telephone and another relative’s video game system Dec. 2 at home, police said.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARRESTS
• Edgar R. Rice, 49, of Shelby, N.C.; at 12:31 a.m. Dec. 15 on South Hermitage Road at Emilie Lane; also charged with driving without lights.
• Andrew J. Shoop, 27, of Grove City; at 10:50 p.m. Nov. 29 on Stoneboro Road east of Route 19, Fairview Township; also charged with running a traffic control device, a lane violation, improper backing and careless driving.