• A 5-gallon container of gasoline was stolen from a garage between Dec. 27 and 31 in the 400 block of McConnell Street, police said. A lock was forced open, police said.
• Toye A. Greene, 48, of 266 Mesabi St., Sharon, has been charged with theft and misdemeanor retail theft for participating in the theft of two sheet sets and a comforter at 5:10 p.m. Dec. 23 from Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road, and their return for a $217 refund, police said.
• Robert L. Poremski, 30, of Pittsburgh, has been charged in two cases with theft, attempted theft and summary retail theft for stealing two items Nov. 1 at Walmart, 1275 N Hermitage Road, and returning them for a $64 refund, and stealing two chargers valued at $140 Nov. 2 and trying to return them for refunds, police said.
• Gerald Q.A. Baker, 22, of 1038 French St., Sharon, has been charged with possession of an OxyContin tablet without a prescription and drug paraphernalia for having a rolled up $20 bill containing the pill on his lap when he was a passenger in a car pulled over for tinted windows at 8:41 a.m. Dec. 23 at Orangeville Road and Orange Drive, police said. The item was found when Baker was removed from the car to be arrested on a warrant, police said.
• Becky S. Sterba, 43, and Brian D. Sterba, 38, both of 685 Bedford Road, Shenango Township, were each charged with theft and misdemeanor retail theft for taking part in a fraudulent coupon scheme. Becky Sterba bought toys Nov. 16 and Dec. 6, 14 and 15 using coupons for other items at Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road, police said. Brian Sterba participated in the Dec. 15 transaction, police said. Walmart said it lost $750 in the scheme, police said.
• Adam F. Opalenik, 24, of 113 Fleetwood Court, Wheatland, has been charged with making terroristic threats and harassment for sending text messages to a Hermitage man Dec. 17 that included saying that he would kill him, police said.
• Tyrone G. Carter II, 31, of 1219 Dutch Lane, Hermitage, has been charged with simple assault for choking a woman at 2:45 a.m. Dec. 21 at home, police said.
• Frank Fimognari, 62, of 2006 Mary St., Farrell, was arrested at 4:29 p.m. Dec. 22 in the 1800 block of Pine Hollow Boulevard on charges of driving under the influence of drugs and possession of heroin, Morphine and drug paraphernalia after his car hit a telephone pole, police said. A pill bottle containing the drugs was found while he was being treated at a local hospital, police said.
• Desiree M. Cantrell, 43, of 62 S. Oakland Ave., Sharon, has been charged with theft for stealing two pairs of pants, a watch and two pendants Nov. 27 from Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road, where she worked, and returning them for a $69 gift card, police said. She also stole a bottle of cologne and ladies legwear Dec. 5 and returned them for $54, police said.
• Robert A. Love, 30, of Polk, has been charged with theft and summary retail theft for stealing a video game system at 8:07 p.m. Dec. 21 from Kohl’s, 570 S. Hermitage Road, and returning it for $148 credit, police said.
• Someone stole 16 12-volt batteries over the weekend from four commercial vehicles in the parking lot of Circle K Energy on Perry Highway, East Lackawannock Township, police said. The theft of the batteries, valued at $1,840, was discovered Monday.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARRESTS
• Paul A. Young, 67, of 571 S. Darby Road, Hermitage; at 12:01 a.m. Dec. 28 in the 5400 block of East State Street; also charged with a lane violation.
• Donald Griffiths, 48, of 367 Euclid Ave., Sharon; at 11:23 p.m. Dec. 21 at the Shenango Valley Freeway and South Buhl Farm Drive; also charged with a lane violation and an open container violation.
• Aaron K. Bundy, 50, of 1741 Maple Drive, Hermitage; at 8:26 p.m. Dec. 27 at Maple Drive and South Hermitage Road, where he was involved in a traffic crash; also charged with a lane violation.
• Chad R. Ringer, 47, of 1108 Pilgrim Drive, Sharon; at 11:34 p.m. Dec. 20 in the 2000 block of East State Street; also charged with a turn violation.