• Edward E. Carson IV, 19, of Chardon, Ohio, was charged with underage drinking, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after police said they discovered a bag of marijuana in his vehicle as he entered a checkpoint at Yankee Lake Truck Night, 1814 state Route 7. He was charged at 7:36 p.m. Friday.
• Police arrested two men from Chardon, Ohio, on charges of underage drinking during Yankee Lake Truck Night, 1814 state Route 7. Police said Stephen J. Strauser, 20, and Jake M. Boncha, 20, were charged at 9:20 p.m. Friday, police said.
• Police arrested a mother and her daughter during an incident early Saturday morning in the 1000 block of Charles Street in Masury, after responding to a complaint about the pair being on the resident’s property.
Police said when they arrived the resident was holding down Renee Shank, 57, of 1018 Negley St., Farrell, and found a large butcher knife in the console of her vehicle, along with two other knives and a bag of marijuana. She was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Her daughter, Samantha Shank, 22, of 967 Fabian Way, Sharon, was charged with criminal trespass and disorderly conduct after she kept returning to the property when police asked her to leave.
• Casey L. Ondich, 25, of 414 Bedford Road, was charged with passing bad checks after police said she wrote four checks in four days to a grocery store in the 7000 block of Warren-Sharon Road. The checks, totaling $619, were returned for insufficient funds or written on bank accounts that had been closed, police said.
• About 200 Vicodin pills were stolen between mid-July and Thursday from the 400 block of Hillcrest Avenue, police said.
• The mail slot of a door was removed from a home in the 300 block of Elm Street, said police, who received the report Thursday.
• A 13-year-old boy was charged with a summary violation for transmitting sexually explicit images of himself to another minor in May, police said.
• A 90-year-old woman was injured when she was hit by a car Monday in the Hermitage Hills Plaza parking lot.
Alice Kukol, 821 Service Ave., Sharon, was flown to a regional hospital. Voicemail messages left with the hospital Tuesday seeking her condition were not returned.
Kukol was walking across the main travel way in front of Goodwill at about 11:55 a.m. when she was hit by a car driven by Linda Paolucci, 43, of 139 S. Maysville Road, Pymatuning Township, police said.
• The ramp a disabled man used with the help of his caregivers to get onto the front porch of his home was stolen. The 6-foot collapsible aluminum ramp valued at $1,000 was reported stolen at 3:30 p.m. Sunday from a home in the 200 block of South Irvine Avenue, police said.
• Charles Gray II, 59, of 456 Ormond Ave., was charged after an argument about 2:30 p.m. Thursday over the behavior of his neighbor’s dogs.
Gray pulled out a .44 caliber pistol and fired into the ground during the dispute but no one was hurt, police said.
Gray posted bond after he was charged with firing a gun in the city, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.
• Someone stole a pressure washer and two tool boxes containing hand tools and power tools from the side of a garage in the 300 block of Russell Street.
The thieves also took fuel cans and a couch that had been offered for sale at the residence, police said.
• A resident returned home at about 5 a.m. Saturday to find that a flat screen television had been stolen sometime after 9 p.m. Friday. The thief apparently entered through an unlocked kitchen window to take the 27-inch TV valued at $100, police said.
• Someone set two fires at about 3 a.m. Monday outside Thornton Hall Bowling Lanes. One damaged a vending machine that dispenses soft drinks, police said.
Firefighters responded but there was no significant damage to the building at Thornton Street and Hall Avenue, police said.
Southwest Mercer County Regional
• Checks were stolen and property destroyed in a burglary reported at 9:53 a.m. Monday at Greater Mount Zion Church of God in Christ, 1825 Roemer Blvd., Farrell, police said. Forced entry was made through a window, police said.
• A gas grill and a computer were stolen in a burglary of a home reported at 11:05 a.m. Monday in the 1100 block of Emerson Avenue, Farrell, police said. The thief entered a window, police said.
• Someone broke into a toy vending machine and stole about $300 in quarters between 9 p.m. Aug. 14 and noon Thursday at the KOA Campground, 1337 Butler Pike, Springfield Township, police said.
• A yard in the 1200 block of County Line Road, Salem Township, was damaged by a vehicle at 1:30 a.m. Saturday, police said.
• Stacia K. Madasz, 23, of Sharon, was charged with furnishing drug-free urine in place of someone else’s urine at a drug test Aug. 13 at the office of Pennsylvania Board of Probation and Parole, East Lackawannock Township, police said.
• A blue Honda CRV parked in a lot between 6:30 and 7:50 p.m. Saturday in the 8300 block of Sharon-Mercer Road, East Lackawannock Township, was struck by another vehicle that left the scene, police said.
• A backpack containing a computer, an iPad, an iPod and other items was found at 3 p.m. Aug. 14 in the parking lot of Sheetz, Springfield Township. The owner can claim the items at the police barracks in Jackson Township.
• Someone broke into Culbertson Mill Antiques and damaged the store between 5 p.m. Aug. 11 and 8 a.m. Thursday at 3236 Perry Highway, Sheakleyville, police said. Nothing appears to have been stolen, police said.
• Someone entered an unlocked window and stole $90 from the cash register between 1 p.m. Saturday and 8:30 a.m. Monday at Spiegel’s Flooring, 3270 S. Main St., Sandy Lake, police said.
• Robert T. Jackson, 42, of Grove City, was charged with simple assault and harassment for assaulting a 36-year-old borough woman at 2 a.m. Monday on Route 8 southbound in Sandycreek Township, Venango County, police said.
• Shane L.J. Catrucco, 33, of Mercer, was cited with criminal mischief for damaging a 23-year-old Mercer woman’s cellular telephone at 11 p.m. Friday in Pine Grove Mobile Home Park, 374 N. Perry Highway, Coolspring Township, police said.
• Bertha L. Boyer, 34, of Lancaster, Pa., was charged at 10:47 a.m. July 21 with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, driving under the influence of drugs, endangering the welfare of children, reckless endangerment, driving under suspension and child seat violations for driving to the State Correctional Institution, Findley Township, while under the influence of drugs and with two children in her vehicle who were not in child safety seats, police said.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARRESTS
• Edward D. McFeaters, 50, of Clintonville, Venango County; at 1:42 a.m. Saturday at an undisclosed location; also charged with careless driving and a turn violation.
• Alexis A. Caporali, 21, of Miller Avenue, Grove City; on Sunday in the 600 block of Miller, where Caporali backed into a neighbor’s garage.