Greenville-West Salem Township
• Melissa Helberg, 38, Greenville, was cited for defiant trespass and theft by unlawful taking after police were called at 7:38 a.m. Monday to 24 W. Main St., because items were taken from a porch.
Police said Helberg had opened a door posted with “no trespassing” signs and taken the items, which police did not release descriptions of.
• Food was taken from the Greenville girls softball league concession stand sometime before 11 a.m. Friday, police said.
• Phillip D. Miller, 21, of Erie, has been charged with access device fraud, forgery, identity theft and receiving stolen property for using a stolen credit/debit card twice Dec. 2 for $100 in transactions at a local gas station, police said. The card was stolen earlier in the day from an unlocked car in the 100 block of Chestnut Street, police said.
• Someone has been stealing copper lately from the Canadian National railroad yard on Ohl Street.
CN has reported thefts of an electric flatbed cart and copper wire from incidents on July 29, Aug. 1 and Aug. 7, police said. The wire stolen Aug. 7 was valued at $3,590.
• Andrew Hall, 24, of 118 N. Pitt St., Mercer, was charged after he was seen at 5:14 a.m. Aug. 2 walking along Stoney Brook Boulevard, police said.
Hall was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia and taken to Mercer County Jail after failing to post bond.
At his preliminary hearing before District Justice Brian Arthur, Hall pleaded guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia and the drug possession charge was withdrawn.
He was fined costs and sentenced to 13 days to 1 year in jail, given credit for time served and released.
• Randy A. Heath, 33, of 23 Sherrard Ave., Greenville, faces burglary and other charges after he was found at about 1:30 a.m.. Aug, 2 under the car in someone else’s garage at 77 Sherrard, police said.
Heath had also been inside the home at 75 Sherrard and investigators recovered two stolen global-positioning-satellite units, police said.
Heath was charged with burglary, loitering and prowling at night, possession of instruments of crime, receiving stolen property and possession of a controlled substance. He was taken to Mercer County Jail after failing to post bond.
• Cassandra Pacheco, 51, of 327 S. Oakland Ave., Sharon, was arrested at 2:14 a.m. Monday in the 700 block of Fruit Avenue, Farrell, on charges of driving under the influence of cocaine and driving the wrong way on a one-way street, police said.
• Joshua E. Beilstein, 28, of 2490 S. Hermitage Road, Hermitage, has been charged with simple assault, reckless endangerment and driving under suspension for speeding up as Candyce Pratt was exiting his car at 3:02 p.m. Aug. 1 in the 200 block of Meadowbrook Road, Hermitage, police said. Pratt fell to the ground and sought medical attention, police said.
Mercer County Drug Task Force
• Christopher A. Nixon, 23, of Union Township, Lawrence County, has been charged with delivery of powder and crack cocaine and heroin, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and carrying a firearm without a license for items found on him and in a car in which he was riding at 5:18 p.m. Tuesday on North Water Avenue, Hermitage, police said.
An informant described an encounter he had with Nixon earlier in the day in Sharon City Centre in which Nixon offered him a “tester,” or a sample of a drug, and had a Beretta 9 mm pistol on him, police said. Police said they used the informant’s description of Nixon, the people who were with him, the car they were in and the route the car was to travel as a basis to stop the car and obtain a search warrant.
• An Arlington Drive resident reported Tuesday afternoon that a green Sears Craftsman mulching lawn mower, valued at $250, was stolen from the yard, police said.
• David A. Garrett Jr., 32, of 333 Smith Ave. Hermitage, was charged Friday with receiving stolen property after police found two stolen televisions at his business in the 100 block of Sharpsville Avenue, police said.
• Jon D. Baritell, 40, of 479 W. State St., Apt. 2, Sharon, was charged with having an accident involving damage to an attended vehicle, driving under suspension, failure to stop or render aid and having improper child-restraint systems at 3:35 p.m. Friday after a crash at Water and East State Street.
Police said Baritell was driving a vehicle that caused a chain-reaction crash, then left the scene.
• Judith A. Brown, 54, of 380 Rexford Drive, Apt. 6, Sharon, was charged with two counts of simple assault and one count of disorderly conduct after a disturbance in the emergency room of Sharon Regional Health System. Police said Brown was brought in by ambulance to the hospital and became combative with staff members, striking a security guard with her cane.
Southwest Mercer County Regional
• Levar L. Brown, 24, of 813 Market Ave., Farrell, has been charged with simple assault, disorderly conduct and harassment for pushing Cassandra Frantz down and punching her in the face several times at 11:23 a.m. Tuesday at home, police said. Brown ran from the apartment when police arrived and he was caught in the 800 block of Darr Avenue, Farrell, police said. Frantz was treated at a local hospital.
• Samantha R. Welton, 27, of 127è Poplar St., Grove City, has been charged with simple assault and harassment for punching, grabbing and biting a 20-year-old man at 6 p.m. Aug. 6 in a parking lot in the 1500 block of West Main Street, Pine Township, police said.
• Joseph E. McMullen, 46, of 36 Condit Road, Deer Creek Township, has been charged with failing to verify his sexual-offender registration information between June 27 and July 6, police said.
• Corey J. Kradel, 35, of New Castle, has been charged with simple assault and harassment for punching a woman about 10 times and throwing a glass Mason jar at her that hit her in the calf at 10:30 p.m. Sunday at a home in the 100 block of Cranberry Road, Pine Township, police said.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARRESTS
• James D. Adams, 44, of 389 Brookfield Ave., Masury; at 2:11 a.m. Saturday in the 6100 block of East State Street.
Southwest Mercer County Regional
• Susan L. Hollowell, 52, of 42 Besco Drive, Shenango Township; at 12:23 a.m. July 19 at Broadway and New Castle avenues, Shenango Township; also charged with malfunctioning turn signal.
• Miguel H. Pacheco, 50, of 327 S. Oakland Ave., Sharon; at 11:12 p.m. June 15 in the 700 block of French Street, Farrell, where his car hit a parked car; also charged with hit-and-run; treated at a local hospital.
• Andrew J. Shoop, 27, of 1773 S. Center St., Pine Township; at 7:52 p.m. April 30 in the 200 block of Cranberry Road, Pine Township, where his minivan hit a house; also charged with a lane violation and speeding.
• Jimmy Joe Axlerod, 31, of 693 King St., Apt. G; at 9:56 p.m. Friday at Budd Street and Sherman Avenue on a bench warrant.
• Kenneth L. Rutlin, 44, of 337 Shenango Blvd., Farrell; at 4:49 a.m. Saturday at New Castle Avenue and Mesabi Street on a bench warrant.
• Sherise Hando, 19, of 267 Elm Ave., Sharon; at 11:03 a.m. Tuesday on a warrant from the Mercer County District Attorney’s office.