• Police arrested a 28-year-old man on charges of domestic violence after a woman said he held her and her son captive and hit her, breaking her arm, giving her a black eye and a swollen forehead early Friday.
The victim, a 25-year-old Sharon woman, told police she went to the home of Michael G. Lumpp, 414 Bedford Road, to retrieve her belongings, and Lumpp locked her and her son in a bedroom.
Police said another person called to report text messages they received from the victim, and police forced entry into the home, where they found the woman.
Lumpp was charged with domestic violence and a parole violation, police said.
• Michael Lee Burk Jr, 23, of 602 Ridgeway Ave, was charged Friday with making false reports to law enforcement after a reported burglary at his home.
• Troy R. Seagraves, 39, of 465 Tanner St., Sharon, was charged with possession of Vicodin without a prescription for having two pills when he was arrested on a Sharon traffic warrant after he was pulled over for an expired inspection sticker at 8:59 a.m. Jan. 8 in the 2000 block of Pine Hollow Boulevard, police said.
• Robert D. Harnett, 54, of Crawford County, was charged with bad checks for issuing a $1,910 check for back rent Dec. 13 to a Hermitage man, police said, adding the check was returned for insufficient funds.
Harnett also is sought by Mercer police on the same charge for issuing a $2,000 check that was not honored Aug. 23 to a Mercer business, police said.
• Amberbee D. Hancock, 32, of 77 Willadell Road, Transfer, was charged with bad checks for issuing a $700 check on a closed account Dec. 4 at a Lamor Road business, police said.
• Elizabeth C. Baun, 23, of 328 Sterling Ave., Sharon, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, lane and turn violations and driving without insurance stemming from a traffic stop at 12:21 a.m. Jan. 14 in the 400 block of South Buhl Farm Drive, police said.
• Darren G. Millhoff, 36, of 514 Filer Way or 451 Jefferson St., both Sharon, was charged in two cases with theft for returning for refunds items that had been stolen by Trisha M. Green, 18, of Greenville, Dec. 27 and Dec. 29 at Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road, police said.
Green was charged with summary and misdemeanor retail theft, theft and conspiracy to commit theft and retail theft.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARRESTS
• Matthew Rea, 35, of Masury; at 2:10 a.m. Saturday along Stewart-Sharon Road.
• David A. Blanchett, 49, of 7875 Rose Ave., Masury; at 7:09 p.m. Jan. 12 in the 2300 block of East State Street; also charged with driving without a license and an open container violation.
• Michael S. Frankovich, 32, of 3153 Main St., West Middlesex; Dec. 23 at Maple Drive and South Hermitage Road, Hermitage; also charged with a lane violation, speeding and careless driving.