• Police arrested a 30-year-old man on charges of assault after he allegedly punched a man in the face for making an obscene gesture at him.
Police said the victim, an 18-year-old male, was walking in the 1200 block of N. Park Drive when Jason A. Postlethwait, of 1244 Greenwich Court, yelled at him to “get off the road.” The victim said he made the gesture at Postlethwait who drove off, but came back moments later and began punching the victim in the face.
The incident happened at 8:40 p.m. Wednesday.
Greenville-West Salem Township
• Scott R. Cornelius, 31, Greenville, was cited under the state dog law for having a dog that wasn’t licensed or vaccinated, police said.
His pit bull bit a boy at about 4:45 p.m. Aug. 9 on Columbia Avenue, police said.
• Randy A. Heath, 33, of 23 Sherrard Ave., Greenville, faces charges of theft from a motor vehicle, receiving stolen property and loitering and prowling after his arrest at about noon Aug. 4.
Police said they were following up on burglaries between July 31 and Aug. 4 at several locations.
Using a search warrant, police said, they found stolen items in Heath’s car and returned them to their owners.
Heath was taken to Mercer County Jail after failing to post bond.
• Tim Stigerwalt, 40, of Greenville, was charged after a domestic dispute at 4:55 p.m. Tuesday at a North Third Street location.
A woman told police Sigerwalt had hit her in the face. He was charged with simple assault, resisting arrest and harassment and taken to Mercer County Jail after failing to post bond.
• Someone stole an undisclosed amount of money at about 3 p.m. Wednesday from a vendor at the farmers’ market on Penn Avenue, police said.
• Braiden Nathaniel Heath, 18, of 540 Baldwin Ave., faces charges after leading police on a chase at about 3:15 p.m. Sunday on a dirt bike.
Heath was speeding and ignoring stop signs when a patrolman saw him in the 500 block of Sherman Avenue, police said.
With the patrolman in pursuit, Heath stopped near Morrison Street and Oakland Avenue but then sped away over several streets before the patrolman lost him near Malleable and Mesabi streets.
Police recognized Heath, who was issued a summons on charges of speeding, reckless driving, fleeing and eluding police and running stop signs.
• Someone broke a basement window between Monday and Wednesday and stole copper plumbing pipes from a home owned by Virginia M. Strayshensky, 947 Mercer Road, Delaware Township, police said.
• Someone stole air conditioners and other items last Friday or Saturday after breaking into the arena at Mercer County 4-H Park in Coolspring Township.
The stolen items included two air conditioners, a power washer, hot dog rotisserie, two extension cords and a bucket of stainless steel hog nipples used to water piglets. Other items had been moved outside but hadn’t been taken yet.