• Police said a man and a woman were taken to a local hospital after they were hit by a vehicle that sped off at 2:30 a.m. Saturday in a parking lot in the 700 block of Brookfield Avenue.
Freddie Beasley, 32, of no address, was taken by Brookfield firefighters and was believed to have suffered a broken leg, police said.
A woman, whose identity police did not have, drove herself to the hospital for treatment of known injuries, police said.
The Chrysler car was seen heading east on Davis Street, police said.
• Steven P. Trepasso, 24, of 536 Madison St., Sharon, was arrested at 6:50 p.m. Jan. 23 at Maple Drive and East State Street on charges of driving under the influence of drugs and driving at an unsafe speed after his car rear-ended a sport-utility vehicle, police said.
• Melissa E. Applegate, 33, of 3645 E. State St., Hermitage, was charged with theft for embezzling $519 from ERA Johnson Real Estate, 1620 E. State St., where she worked, police said. Applegate wrote out a check to herself and altered the carbon copy to read another name, police said. Applegate, who was fired in September, admitted stealing the money and said she was having financial difficulties, but didn’t remember what she spent it on, police said.
• Shane N. Nageotte, 22, of Meadville, was charged with theft, receiving stolen property and conspiracy to commit theft for returning for an $83 refund a trailer hitch ball and locking pin that another man had stolen a few minutes earlier at 3:27 p.m. Dec. 21 from Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road, police said.
• Kalaurie D.J. Elhady-Norris, 18, of 360 Orange Drive, Hermitage, was charged with criminal trespass for climbing in a window that another woman had accidentally broken at 8:39 p.m. Sunday at a neighboring apartment, police said.
• Kyle M. Lutz, 34, of 7457 Van Ness Ave., Hubbard Township, was charged with theft and receiving stolen property for stealing a welder, trailer and tools in November or December from Dunbar Asphalt, 255 Ohio St., police said. The items were recovered Jan. 2 in Lowellville, Ohio, police said.
• Dontae Rashad Pinkins, 24, Farrell, faces charges after threatening to kill someone at about 1 a.m. Friday in the 100 block of Third Avenue, police said.
Based on a victim’s description of his clothing and a car, police found Pinkins, of Dakota Avenue, a short time later riding in a car they stopped near George Street and New Castle Avenue.
Pinkins, who was carrying a .22 caliber revolver, was charged with terroristic threats and carrying a gun without a license, police said.
He was taken to Mercer County Jail after police discovered he had two warrants from the district attorney’s office for failure to appear.
• An out-of-state driver gave a false name during a traffic stop and was charged at about 9:30 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of Spruce Avenue, police said.
Stevie Duane Dean, 24, South Bend, Ind., didn’t have a license but did have some marijuana, police said.
He was charged with false identification, possession of a small amount of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was taken to jail after failing to post bond.
• Three men fighting at about 8:40 p.m. Saturday outside a downtown bar face charges after the fracas in the sub-100 block of Main Street.
Timothy Ayres, 51, of 504 Filer Way, was fighting on the sidewalk with Timothy Ser, 58, of 2770 Orangeville Road, South Pymatuning Township, police said.
Joseph Passel, 51, of 93 Second Ave., Sharon, joined in and attacked Ayres, police said.
All three men were charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct.
Southwest Mercer County Regional
• Antonio D. Gibson, 30, of 618 Hamilton Ave., Farrell, was charged with possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and disorderly conduct for trying to kick in a door at 10:58 p.m. Jan. 25 in the 800 block of Fruit Avenue, Farrell, and having a bag of pot on him, police said.
• Cody A. Coxson, 23, of 233 Second Ave., Sharon, was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and public drunkenness for having a pill bottle of marijuana and a digital scale on him when he was found sleeping at 2:09 a.m. Jan. 26 on a floor of UPMC Horizon, 2200 Memorial Drive, Farrell, police said.