Greenville-West Salem Township
• Bridgett M. Alabran, 22, of 33 N. Race St., Greenville, was charged with receiving stolen property when items worth $1,165 from an apartment at the same address were found in her home at 4:22 p.m. Nov. 16, police said. She said she knew they were stolen but she didn’t take them, police said.
• Timothy A. Guriel, 47, of 123 Church St., Greenville, punched a woman in the chest, twisted her arm and threatened to kill her if he went to jail during an incident at 1:30 a.m. Jan. 1 in his home, police said.
When patrolmen tried to get him out of a bedroom, he threatened to shoot them, police said, adding they saw a 12-gauge shotgun on the floor of the bedroom after getting him out at gunpoint.
Guriel repeatedly threatened to kill the patrolmen if his gun had been closer to him, and if he sees them on the street, police said.
• Sean E. Beatty, 37, of 180 Birchwood Drive, Transfer, was arrested Dec. 28 after he grabbed a woman by the hair, shoved his fingers in her mouth as he slammed her against objects in the house and garage then threw her to the ground, police said.
He was charged with assault, harassment and disorderly conduct.
• A Hadley man was taken to jail after trying to rob a couple walking home after work at about 2:30 a.m. Thursday along Sharpsville Avenue, police said.
The man and woman called 911 after noticing that a car seemed to be following them as they walked north.
A man wearing sunglasses and a stocking cap got out and approached them carrying a tire iron but he left after apparently seeing an approaching cruiser, police said.
A short time later, police stopped the vehicle driven by Joshua D. Kristyak, 31, and found gloves, a stocking cap and tire iron. Kristyak told them he needed money to buy gas to get home, police said.
Kristyak was charged with robbery, stalking, possession of a weapon and disorderly conduct and taken to jail after failing to post bond, police said.
• No one was home and no one was hurt in a fire at about 8 a.m. Friday in a two-story house owned by Lonnie Pittman at 347 Fourth Ave., firefighters said.
Flames that may have started near a wood-burning heating stove on the first floor spread to the second floor and attic before the fire was put out. The cause wasn’t immediately determined, firefighters said.
• Someone stole copper plumbing in a theft reported Wednesday morning in the 600 block of Stambaugh Avenue, police said.
The owner of the vacant house said a basement door and window weren’t locked, police said.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARREST
• Gary Paul Golub Jr., 24, of 420 12th St., Pymatuning Township; at 12:18 a.m. Dec. 28 at North Hermitage Road and Reynolds Industrial Park Road; also charged with driving with a suspended license and a traffic violation.
• Richard E. Crawford, 51, of 303 N. Mercer Ave., Sharpsville; at 12:05 a.m. Wednesday on warrants from Trumbull and Crawford counties after a fight in the 200 block of Third Avenue, police said.
Crawford had in his pockets a brass pipe containing drug residue, suspected marijuana and prescription suboxone strips for pain but no prescription, police said. Crawford was charged with possession of controlled substances and drug paraphernalia, plus the warrants, and taken to jail, police said.