Greenville-West Salem Township
• Randy A. Heath Jr., 33, of 23 Sherrard Ave., Hempfield Township, was caught at 1:30 a.m. Saturday in a garage near his home with two GPS units, a cell phone charger and a pocket knife that were taken from vehicles on Sherrard and Mehard avenues, police said.
He was charged with burglary, possessing instruments of crime, receiving stolen property, loitering and prowling and possession of drugs, police said.
• Sean F. Miller, 20, of 606 Barkeyville Road, Pine Township, was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession with intent to deliver after he was found May 17 in the 300 block of West Main Street with a drug for which he did not have a prescription, police said.
• Abron C. Phillips, 23, of 1415 Bolde Drive, Hermitage, has been charged with simple assault for headbutting a man at 6:14 p.m. July 29 at home, police said.
• Sonny Mitchell, 25, and Jennifer Marks, 26, both of 59 N. Crescent Drive, Hermitage, were each charged with theft and conspiracy to commit theft for returning a damaged television that they falsely claimed they had purchased earlier in the day June 8 at Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road, police said.
• Gloria A. Springer, 32, of 8075 Atlantic St., Masury, was charged with simple assault for punching Cynthia Chambers in the face, breaking a bone below her eye, at 11:14 a.m. July 25 while Chambers sat in a car in a parking lot in the sub-100 block of Todd Avenue, police said. Chambers was treated at a local hospital, police said.
• Kelly A. McCuen, 46, of 774 Prindle St., Sharon, has been charged with bad checks for issuing a $9,000 check that was returned for insufficient funds as a down payment for a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport on June 14 at Scheidemantle Motors, 1520 N. Hermitage Road, police said.
• Matthew A. Thompson, 30, of 1455 Bolde Drive, Hermitage, was charged with theft and summary retail theft for stealing items and then taking them to the service desk for returns totaling $75 June 17, 22 and 23 and July 7 at Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road. An attempted return July 21 was denied, police said.
• Terrance E. Parkinson, 38, of 376 Russell St., Sharon, at 2:30 a.m. Sunday ran when police said they tried to arrest him; the arresting policeman was treated for injuries to his hand.
Parkinson was charged with aggravated assault on a police officer and simple assault for dragging a woman through a yard, injuring her, police said. Also charged with resisting arrest and making terroristic threats and was taken to Mercer County Jail on a parole detainer, police said.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARRESTS
• Freddie A. McCune, 27, of 172 Hartwick Road, Findley Township; at 8:31 p.m. July 28 at Longview Road and Likens Lane; also charged with driving without a license or license plate, faulty tail lamp and careless driving.
• Jeffrey A. Price, 40, of 366 Delaware St., Sharon; at 2:25 a.m. July 28 at East State Street and Meadowbrook Road; also charged with running a red light and a turn violation.
Mercer County sheriff
• Donald Springer, 34, of 323 Shilling Ave., Farrell; Thursday on a bench warrant.
• Kyle Kaden, 20, Williamsfield, Ohio; at 7:45 p.m. Saturday on a probation violation and parole detainer. Also charged with trying to escape, police said. While being handcuffed, he twisted away and ran. He was caught after a foot chase, police said.
• James Gilkey, 25, of 26 Kirkland Drive, Mercer, for an alleged fight at 11 p.m. July 12 at Silver and Shenango streets. Police said he struck a person in the face with a brick and kicked him when he fell. The victim was treated for a broken nose and concussion and needs reconstructive surgery on his nose, police said.