• Valentino L. Mickens, 27, of Farrell has been charged with robbery, theft and conspiracy to commit robbery and theft for robbing a man of 49 Suboxone pills in an apparent drug deal gone bad at 10:55 p.m. last May 22 in the 1400 block of Bolde Drive, police said.
• Brad F. Wooten, 40, of 80 Dermond Road, Hermitage, was arrested at 7:09 a.m. April 28 in the 1300 block of South Hermitage Road on charges of driving under the influence of marijuana and unknown pills and speeding, police said.
• Melissa M. Stiles, 33, of 495 Clarksville Road, Hermitage, has been charged with simple assault and endangering the welfare of a child for pushing a 10-year-old boy into an aquarium at 10:36 p.m. Tuesday at home, police said. She and the boy argued over him refusing to eat what she had cooked for dinner, police said.
Mercer County sheriff
• Shawn M. Cantelupe, 33, of Mercer County Jail, has been charged with aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and making terroristic threats for coming up behind a cellmate, pressing the cellmate’s face against the cell door window and clawing at his left eye Feb. 2 at the jail in Findley Township, police said. Cantelupe also said he would stab guards with a pencil he was holding, police said.
• Fire of an unknown cause at 1:50 a.m. Thusday destroyed a boarded-up garage at 840 Wallis Ave., police Chief Mike Menster said.
Firefighters from Sharon and Farrell put out the fire.
The house, whose ownership wasn’t immediately available, has been vacant for some time. Menster said firefighters found a kitten on the property and turned it over to Mercer County Humane Society.
The house, which wasn’t damaged, is next to Bethlehem Baptist Church whose leaders have shown interest in the property, Menster said.
Southwest Mercer County Regional
• Robert A. Scarmack, 33, of 310 Wallis Ave., Farrell, has been charged with simple assault for grabbing a woman by the neck and pushing her into a railing and a screen door at 5:14 p.m. April 25 at home, police said.
• Jesse J. Powell, 24, of 409 Smith Road, Perry Township, has been charged with forgery and theft for stealing three checks from a relative at home and cashing them for undisclosed amounts April 4, 6 and 12, police said.
• Vincent C. Shaffer, 24, of Crawford County, has been charged with theft for stealing four chainsaws for use as collateral on a loan between Feb. 1 and 25 from an equipment shed in the 100 block of Shook Road, Sandy Creek Township, police said. He returned the saws Feb. 26, police said.
• Someone stole 76 plastic letters from a portable sign between 11 p.m. Tuesday and 8:30 a.m. Wednesday from a field on the south side of Diamond Road, Pine Township, police said.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARREST
• Steven D. Detore, 58, of Strongsville, Ohio; at 1:35 a.m. April 26 on South Hermitage Road at Glimcher Boulevard; also charged with speeding.
• Patrick M. Graff, 31, of Allison Park, Pa.; at 7:09 p.m. April 17 on Interstate 79 northbound, Findley Township; also charged with driving under suspension, a lane violation and speeding.
• Brandon L. Fortuna, 27, of 1206 Enterprise Road, Pine Township; at 2:15 a.m. April 20 on state Route 58, Findley Township, where his vehicle hit a ditch and rolled several times; also charged with a lane violation, driving at an unsafe speed, careless driving, reckless driving and a seat belt violation.