Greenville-West Salem Township
• Timothy Marchant, 23, Greenville, was charged with theft by unlawful taking and theft of property for opening and keeping the contents of a package delivered to him by mistake, police said.
• Police said Wednesday they are investigating reported abuse of a male toddler in December in Perry Township. They gave no other details.
• Someone used a Coolspring Township woman’s credit card at about 9:30 p.m. March 27 to buy two $40 cell phone gift cards and DVD inserts from Walmart, police said. The victim learned of the theft when Walmart confirmed an e-mail change, police said.
• A juvenile escaped from George Junior Republic, Pine Township, between 10:40 p.m. March 27 and 6:40 a.m. March 28, police said, adding the youth stole a truck worth $4,000 from the 400 block of George Junior Road, Pine Township.
Juvenile petitions were filed for escape and theft, police said.
• Police said two Mercer County businesses were scammed of cash paid for fuel that was never delivered.
Uri Miller Saw Mill, 1818 N. Vernon Road, Lake Township, paid for 1,000 gallons of fuel on March 15, and SES Wood Products, Fairview Township, paid for 1,900 gallons on March 12.
• Anthony D. Walker, 31, Slippery Rock, was taken to Grove City Medical Center, Pine Township, with minor injuries after his northbound car was forced off state Route 258 in Liberty Township at about 8 a.m. Saturday, police said.
Police said Walker veered off the road to avoid a head-on collision with a southbound vehicle that had passed another southbound car in a no-passing zone.
The Walker car traveled along an embankment that was a 3-foot dropoff from the roadway, rolled onto its roof and stopped in a field, police said, adding the southbound vehicles kept going.
• Cody Betts, 21, of West View, Pa., was taken to UPMC Horizon, Greenville, after a two-vehicle crash at 10:49 p.m. Monday on Interstate 79 in New Vernon Township, police said.
Witnesses told police that Betts was driving over 100 mph and swerved from the passing lane into the right lane hitting a vehicle driven by a Norfolk, Va., woman, police said.
West Salem Township
• Rochelle M. Greene, 52, of 381 Liberty St., Sharon; at 7:50 p.m. March 27 in the 300 block of Prospect Street on a bench warrant for theft.