• Bradley J. Piper, 30, of New Brighton, was charged with possession of marijuana at Yankee Lake Truck Night, 1814 state Route 7, during a search of his vehicle, police said. He was arrested at 10:30 p.m. Friday.
• A 19-year-old Wheatland man was charged with receiving stolen property at 11:11 p.m. Friday after police said they found him pushing a stolen dirt bike.
Police said Stephen M. Reese Jr., of 73 Laird Ave., Wheatland, was stopped along Broadway Avenue pushing the 1986 Kawasaki.
• Antonio M. Murray, 18, of 632 Prindle St., Sharon, has been charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia for items found in his car at 3:02 p.m. June 11 in Buhl Farm park, police said.
• Teddy D. Richmond, 35, of 716 S. Hermitage Road, Hermitage, has been charged with simple assault and harassment for hitting his nephew, James M. Redfern, over the head with an acoustic guitar 10 to 15 times at 3:30 p.m. June 10 at home, police said. Redfern was treated at a local hospital, police said.
• Kelli Caliguire, 27, of 203 E. Shenango St., Sharpsville, has been charged with driving under the influence of Lorazepam, possession of Lorazepam without a prescription, driving at an unsafe speed and careless driving stemming from a two-vehicle crash in which three people were hurt at 4:29 p.m. June 9 at South Hermitage Road and the Shenango Valley Freeway, police said.
• Mitchell P. Colson, 23, of 929 George St., Sharon, has been charged with criminal mischief for denting a vehicle with a stick at 2:09 p.m. June 16 in a parking lot in the 1000 block of North Hermitage Road, police said.
• Michele D. Jordan, 45, of 631 S. Oakland Ave., Sharon, has been charged with felony retail theft and simple assault for concealing a swimsuit in her pants and other items in her purse, leaving the JC Penney store in the Shenango Valley Mall and pushing and grabbing at a loss prevention officer who stopped her at 11:34 a.m. June 23, police said.
• Kelly R. Cooke, 42, of 78 Ball Park Road, Jefferson Township, has been charged with simple assault and harassment for throwing boiling beans in the face of a 13-year-old boy, kicking him in the knee and getting him on the floor in a choke hold at 6:06 p.m. June 15 at home, police said.
• Someone stole the Sharp 70-inch television used by Transfer Volunteer Firefighters at their Delmar Street station, police said.
The TV is valued at $2,500. There was no evidence of forced entry, police said.
• Someone stole parts of an old tractor used at Transfer Harvest Home Festival gounds.
The Oliver model 1850, parked at the festival grounds, is missing its battery, alternator and starter, valued together at $600, police said.
The theft was discovered at about 9:15 a.m. Friday.
• Police said they are investigating a report of an attempted armed robbery at 2 a.m. Thursday at New Castle Avenue and Orchard Street.
A 57-year-old Sharon man reported he was walking home from work when a black male in his teens or early 20s came up to him and demanded money, police said. The perpetrator had his hands in his hoodie pockets and made a sound like the slide of a pistol racking, police said.
The victim said he did not have any money and the would-be robber walked northbound on New Castle, police said. The suspect had a light complexion and was about 5 feet, 10 inches tall. He wore a gray hoodie with the hood up, police said.
Southwest Mercer County Regional
• Bradley R. Hoffman, 26, of 4863 Northwoods Drive, Hermitage, has been charged with simple assault for hitting in the face and choking a woman at 3:30 a.m. May 24 at a home in the sub-100 block of Wet Track Road, Shenango Township, police said.
• David J. Perna, 28, of 479 W. State St., Sharon, has been charged with theft, receiving stolen property and criminal mischief for stealing the bill validator from a video game and about $20 at 5:23 a.m. May 19 at Farrell Coin Laundry, 914 Sharon New Castle Road, police said.
• Vandals damaged vehicles in separate incidents, police said.
At about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday, several people apparently had walked on the hood and roof, damaging a car parked in a lot in the 700 block of Federal Street, Farrell, police said.
On Friday, no time given, someone keyed a vehicle parked in the 3000 block of Main Street, West Middlesex, police said.
• Someone kicked in the front door and stole a television from a home in the 700 block of Park Avenue, Farrell.
The 60-inch flat screen TV, reported stolen at 2:40 p.m. June 19, was valued at $2,000, police said.
• Three people, including two children, were taken to Grove City Medical Center, Pine Township, after a car hit an embankment, rolled onto its roof and slid for about 150 feet at 12:03 p.m. Friday on Franklin Road, west of Coolspring Church Road, Coolspring Township, police said.
Driver Sarah R. Rudge, 27, of Mercer, who was cited for a lane violation, suffered a moderate injury; a 10-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy suffered minor injuries, police said.
• Ryan W. Berger, 29, of Mercer was taken to Grove City Medical Center, Pine Township, with a minor injury after a two-vehicle crash at 2:45 p.m. Friday on Franklin Road, north of Cottage Road, Jackson Township, police said. Berger’s sport-utility vehicle was northbound when a southbound SUV driven by Walter L. Taylor, 65, of Mercer, turned left into the path of Berger’s vehicle, police said.
• Nicholas A. Kline, 29, of 1515 Greenville Mercer Road, Jefferson Township, has been charged with forgery and access device fraud for cashing two stolen checks for a total of $400 April 1 and 4 in Coolspring Township, police said.
• Eric Kline, 31, of 497 S. Otter St., Mercer, and Cody J. Brown, 25, of 374 N. Perry Highway, Coolspring Township, were each charged with receiving stolen property and conspiracy to commit receiving stolen property for having 43 guardrail ends stolen from PennDOT in their truck when they were stopped for an expired inspection sticker at 7:55 a.m. June 14 at state Route 58 and Fullingmill Road, Jefferson Township, police said.
• Money and jewelry were stolen in a home burglary May 20 on Old Fredonia Road, Coolspring Township, police said. a Rear door was forced open, police said.
• Several construction storage containers were broken into and items stolen between 4:30 p.m. June 19 and 6:30 a.m. June 20 in the 2000 block of Leesburg Grove City Road, Springfield Township, police said.
• Edwin L. Robinson, 45, of 473 Sherman Ave., Sharon, has been charged with false statement and unsworn falsification for attempting to buy a .45-caliber pistol and falsely writing on the application that he had never been involuntarily committed to a mental institution April 19, 2012, at Elite Firearms, 1400 N. Hermitage Road, police said.
• Leonard Podvasnik was hurt at about 4:45 p.m. Saturday when his motorcycle ran off Georgetown Road, south of Miller Lane in Deer Creek Township.
Podvasnik, 27, of Sandy Lake, was flown to UPMC Hamot, Erie, with major injuries, police said.
He was not wearing a helmet and had no license to operate a motorcycle, police said. Podvasnik was in fair condition Monday, a spokesperson said.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARRESTS
• Scott A. Tedrow, 42, of New Castle; at 6:28 a.m. June 10 at North Hermitage and Indian Run roads; also charged with driving under suspension and running a stop sign.
• Anthony W. Celenzi, 28, of 2001 Stafford St., Farrell; at 1:38 a.m. June 15 on Griswold Street; also charged with running a stop sign.
• Koichiro Hamamiya, 44, of 223 Fredonia Road, Hempfield Township; at 11:29 p.m. June 14 in the 3100 block of East State Street; also charged with a lane violation.
• Michael A. Trepasso, 27, of 1829 Valley View Road, Hermitage; at 12:16 a.m. June 20 in the 800 block of Dutch Lane; also charged with a lane violation.
• Michelle R. Loughry, 27, of 173 Carrier Road, Pymatuning Township; at 12:15 a.m. June 20 at East State Street and Concord Road; also charged with failing to yield.
• Vickie L. Burk Layton, 56, of 3187 Perry Highway, Sandy Creek Township; at 1:12 a.m. March 6 on Scrubgrass Road, Findley Township, where her car went into a ditch; also charged with careless driving.
• Sean M. Myers, 29, of Volant; at 11:30 p.m. May 17 on Mercer-New Castle and Leesburg roads, Wilmington Township; also charged with running a stop sign.