• About 20 pounds of copper was stolen after 2 p.m. Sunday from the 200 block of South Broad Street, police said.
• Russell J. Swartz, 29, of 640 S. Darby Road, Hermitage, was charged with aggravated and simple assault, burglary and criminal trespass for entering a home at 4:16 p.m. Tuesday at 346 S. Oakdale Ave., punching Joshua Myers in the head, pulling him down steps when Myers tried to run away and knocking his head off a concrete floor, police said. Myers was taken to a regional hospital, police said.
• Brent D. Sumner, 36, and Sarah L. Sumner, 30, both of 172 W. Budd St., Sharon, each were charged with theft, retail theft and conspiracy to commit theft for stealing items worth $148, including bed sheets, pillow cases, jeans, a diabetes monitor and backpacks, and returning some of the items in two transactions for $19 cash and an $88 gift card Aug. 24 at Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road, police said.
Southwest Mercer County Regional
• Steven T. Mortland, 24, of 3028 Valley View Road, South Pymatuning Township, was charged with burglary, criminal trespass, theft and conspiracy to commit theft for breaking into a home at about 2 p.m. Aug. 30 in the 3300 block of Hubbard-West Middlesex Road and stealing a TV that was sold for drugs, police said. He conspired with another person who has not been charged, police said.
DRUNKEN DRIVING ARREST
• Jesse A. Fiorita, 21, of 1108 Negley St., Farrell; at 11:38 p.m. Monday in the 1200 block of North Hermitage Road.
• Charles R. Teague, 557 Lafayette St., Sharon; at 12:25 a.m. Friday at AMT Auto Sales, 890 S. Irvine Ave., where he was found sleeping in an AMT car, on a warrant from the Trumbull County Sheriff for a probation violation.
Greenville-West Salem Township
• Brittany Nicole Thomas, 21, Youngstown; Tuesday on a West Virginia warrant for failure to appear.