• A motorist said one of three kids he saw on a railroad trestle threw a rock at his car, hitting the windshield, at 5:10 p.m. Tuesday on South Albright McKay Road, police said. The windshield was damaged, although the extent was not specified in the police report.
• A wallet containing $60 was stolen from a vehicle March 17 in the 400 block of Summit Street, said police, who received the report Wednesday.
• Giana R. Tartaglia, 20, of 295 Hamburg Road, Delaware Township, was charged with theft and access device fraud for adding tips to customer credit cards and stealing the tip money from the cash register April 13 at Pizza Hut, 26 Hadley Road, where she worked, police said. The amount of money she allegedly stole has not been determined, police said.
• Jeffrey L. Bricker, 55, and Bradley S. McKinney, 30, both of Canton, Ohio, each were charged with theft and misdemeanor retail theft from related incidents Saturday at Walmart, 1275 N. Hermitage Road. McKinney stole weed and grass killer and returned it for a $97 merchandise card, and Bricker, who came to the store in the same car with McKinney, stole three rechargeable batteries and attempted to return them for a refund, police said. Bricker left the store when an employee left the counter to do a search, police said.
• Deshaun J. Emery, 25, of 229 Malleable St., Sharon, was arrested on numerous charges after police pulled him over for a traffic violation at 12:16 a.m. April 15 at North Water Avenue and Marshall Street and smelled marijuana, police said. Emery appeared sluggish and lethargic and failed sobriety tests, police said. After arresting Emery for driving under the influence of marijuana, driving under suspension and a turn violation, police found a marijuana joint in the car’s arm rest and a bag of heroin in the glove box, police said. Emery was charged with possession of heroin with intent to deliver and possession of heroin, marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Police said they seized $520 from Emery’s pocket.
• Carol Svarny, 53, of 3711 Fran Lane, Hermitage, and Deborah Isenberg, 58, of 150 Pinchalong Road, Pine Township, each were charged with simple assault and harassment for fighting at 12:57 p.m. Saturday in the 4800 block of Sample Road, police said.
• Gilbert A. Macali III, 25, of Niles, Ohio, was arrested at 11:35 p.m. April 13 at North Buhl Farm Drive and East State Street on charges of driving under the influence of marijuana, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and driving without registration, police said.
• Christopher Scalf, 27, of 227 Seventh St., Sharpsville, was charged with burglary and theft.
A witness saw Scalf loading items he had taken at about 4:30 p.m. April 14 from the garage of a person Scalf knew, police said. Scalf, who was not immediately arrested, stole a compressor and circular saw valued together at $400, police said.
• Jennifer Hopper, 33, of 497 Walnut Ave., Sharon, stole an upstairs neighbor’s cell phone in an incident reported April 16, police said.
Hopper was arrested on a warrant April 21 and charged with theft.
• Rebecca Adams, 24, faces an assault charge after an incident at 4:30 p.m. April 6 at a group home in the 700 block of Crowder Avenue.
Adams argued with a staffer, punching and scratching her, and throwing a telephone at police when they arrived, police said.
Adams, who had to be restrained and handcuffed, banged her head against a cruiser window when she was taken for a psychiatric evaluation at a local hospital, police said. The group home worker did not require treatment, police said.
• Timothy A. Pickard faces theft charges after accepting money last year for window repairs but failing to do the work at the former Sharon Transformer Division of Westinghouse Electric Corp., police said.
Pickard, 30, of 394 Euclid Ave., had a contract with Winner Development LLC. He received $2,550 to install sheathing panels and paint them to cover 3,600 square feet of broken windows in the vacant plant in the 400 block of Sharpsville Avenue, police said.
Pickard, charged with two counts of theft, wasn’t immediately arrested, police said.
Southwest Mercer County Regional
• Thomas A. Pierce III, 22, of 200 Moss Ave., Farrell, was arrested at 4:53 p.m. Monday in the 900 block alley between Hamilton and Emerson avenues on charges of possession and possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia, police said.
• A Mercer man reported that a flatbed trailer loaded with 40-foot steel beams was stolen between March 30 and Monday from a parking lot in the 5700 block of state Route 8, Barkeyville, police said. The total value of the items stolen was $27,000, police said.
West Salem Township
• Steven Paul Trepasso, 24, of Sharon; at 9 a.m. April 5 on Orangeville Road and South Wood Street in Greenville, police said.
• Heidi L. Winterberger, 27, of 569 E. Crestview Drive, Transfer; at 7:32 p.m. Saturday after her vehicle hit another as she was pulling into a spot in the parking lot of Walmart, 45 Williamson Road, police said.
• Patrick A. Sieg, 27, of 4679 E. State St., Hermitage; at 1:44 a.m. Sunday in the 3700 block of Ridgewood Drive; also charged with careless driving.
• George A. Welton, 47, of 43 Buhl Court, Sharon; at 2:27 a.m. Wednesday at Maple Drive and Mercer Street; also charged with a turn violation and driving without registration.
• Adam M. Kimmell, 29, of Mercer; at 12:40 a.m. March 16 on Mercer-Butler Pike at West Valcourt Road, Liberty Township, where his car hit a fence, a mailbox and a tree; treated at Grove City Medical Center, Pine Township; also charged with intoxicated pedestrian causing hazard, a lane violation, careless driving, failing to notify police of accident and no seat belt.