• Cana’s Corner, St. John’s Episcopal Church, Sharon, hosts Rick Bruening, folk singer and storyteller, 7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 11.
• The Dana School of Music at Youngstown State University hosts Music at Noon concerts for October.
All concerts are free and open to the public and begin at 12:15 p.m. at the Butler Institute of American Art.
Wednesday’s concert is “voice department recital.”
• Packard Music Hall, Warren, Ohio, hosts multi-Grammy Award-winner Bill Gaither and the Gaither Vocal Band at 6 p.m. Oct. 12.
Tickets: www.ticketmaster.com or 330-841-2931.
• Funk and Hip Hop Night with DJ Platter at The Gathering in Edinburg from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Oct. 11, 18 and 25.
• Oldies Dance with DJ Platter 7 to 11 p.m. Oct. 16 and 30 at Rolling Mills Bar and Grill, Girard, Ohio. Cover is $5. The Halloween dance on Oct. 30 is costumes optional.
• Oldies, Country and Funk Night with DJ Platter 7 to 10:30 p.m. Oct. 26 at Hartford Hills Winery. No cover.
Table reservations, call 330-772-8040.
• Dance every Sunday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6233, Route 18, West Middlesex, with country music by John Henry and Friends. Doors open at 5 p.m. Music from 6 to 9 p.m. Coffee, water and soft drinks available.
• The Niles Friendly Squares have begun a new year of weekly square dance lessons.
Sessions will run through April 14. There is a nominal fee of $6 per lesson.
All lessons and monthly dances are held at the Niles (Ohio) SCOPE Center, 14 E. State St.
Info: Call Gene or Frankie Hammond (330) 506-3370.
• Polka jam and dance 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the Sharon Slovenian Home. Button box and piano accordion music featured. Admission $3. Food and beverages available.
• Twin City Elks, 301 Staunton St., Farrell, entertainment includes: DJ Richard Hughes 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays; and Sundays is Jazz with Chuckie Austin from 5 to 9 p.m. Twin City Elks is closed on Mondays.
• Westminster College Celebrity Series continues its 2019-2020 season with Cirque Mei at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Orr Auditorium.
This multicultural experience, appropriate for all ages, will feature a company of more than 30 elite circus artists and acrobats from the Hebei Province, China. They will perform traditional and contemporary Chinese circus acts in a colorful, lively celebration of the internationally renowned Chinese circus arts.
Tickets are available by calling Georgene Gib, box office manager, at 724-946-7354 or by
Friday: Moonlight at 10 p.m. at The Jai Alai, Hermitage.
Saturday: Moonlight at 9 p.m. at the Farrell VFW.
Wednesday: Moonlight at 10 p.m. at Rumorz, Greenville.
• The KEG, Sharon, presents: FX Trio 7 to 10 p.m. today; Muddy Cadillac 7 to 10 p.m. Sunday; Mike Adam’s and Common Ground 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 10; and Reissue 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 13.
• Steve Vuich hosts HoneyBoy’s Open Mic Night at 8 p.m. today at Vintage Estate Wine and Beer, Youngstown. At 6 p.m. Friday he plays at Salvatore’s in Howland, Ohio. At 7 p.m. Tuesday he hosts HoneyBoy’s Open Mic at Quaker Steak and Lube, Sharon.
• 2nd Avenue Project will play 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at The Crane Room Grille, New Castle. Reservations are encouraged at 724-656-1553.
• Candy Apple Black plays 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Mortals Key Brewing Co., Jamestown. Take Solo plays 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, and Juvenile Characteristics plays 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday. The Tyler Jenkins Trio plays 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Terry Dach plays 7 to 10 p.m. Friday at Vintage Estates in Boardman, Ohio.
• Tyler Jenkins performs 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Fresh Marketplace in New Wilmington.
• Apollo Maennerchor hosts: Songbird Lumberjack 7 to 9 p.m. today; Harker, Welch, and Rutushin 7 to 10 p.m. Friday; and River Saints 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday.
• Blue Siren performs at 8:30 p.m. at the Revolver Lounge and Tapas, inside the Quality Inn, Hermitage.
• The Area Community Theatre of Sharpsville presents Andrew Lloyd Weber’s musical “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.” Performances are Oct. 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, and 27. Friday and Saturday shows start at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday shows start at 2:30 p.m.
This show will be held at St. Bartholomew Social Hall, 311 W. Ridge Ave., Sharpsville.
Tickets may be purchased at Muscarella’s Café in Sharpsville, Tuesday evenings from 7 to 9 p.m. at St. Bartholomew Social Hall, online at actsharpsville.org, or by calling 724-815-4388.
SUBMISSIONS for Diversions are printed on a space-available basis. As such, there are no guarantees that all requests will be printed. Deadline for submissions is noon Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com