Things to do
• The Sharon Steel Office Girls will have a reunion at 11:45 a.m. on June 12 at Red Lobster, Shenango Valley Freeway, Hermitage.
Please call Cheryl Cave at 724-342-1077 or Judy Reichert at 330-448-4589 for further information or reservations.
• Brookfield High School Class of 1965 will celebrate its class reunion on Oct. 22 and 23 at Squaw Creek Country Club.
For more information, call Charles Reno at 216-832-9003 or Patti Quartini at 330-509-4457.
• Upcoming blood drives in the area:
Thursday: Noon to 5 p.m., St. John’s Orthodox Church, 3180 Morefield Road, Hermitage
Monday: 1 to 6 p.m., Sharpsville VFW Post 6404, 215 Walnut St., Sharpsville
To schedule a blood or platelet donation appointment, visit GiveBloodToGiveTime.org. As a special thank you, those who come to donate through June 13 will receive a limited-edition Red Cross T-shirt, while supplies last.
• The Mercer County Breast Cancer Support Group will hold its monthly meeting from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on June 9 at UPMC Outpatient Center, 875 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage. Entrance is at the back of the building. Debra Evans, oncology nurse practitioner at UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, UPMC Horizon, Farrell, will be the guest speaker. Masks and safe distancing are mandatory.
• The Reynolds class of 1961 will meet on at 1 p.m. on June 8 at the Dutch Oven in Jamestown. Please note the new location.
• Sharon High School Class of 1960 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. on June 8 at Vey’s Pub and Grille, 3176 E. State St., Hermitage. Please note the change in venue. All classmates and spouses are welcome. The 61st class reunion is scheduled for Sept. 4 and 5. The class is looking for the address of Patti Conyers Wallace. If you know her address or have any questions, call Bob Malsom at 724-342-3188.
• All youth ages 8 through 16 are invited to Mercer County Sportsmens Youth Field Day on June 12 at Harthegig Conservation Club, 600 Rodgers Hill Road, Fredonia. All must pre-register at www.pgc.pa.state.us by Friday.
For information, call Todd Shipton at 724-588-0108, Larry or Patty McAdams at 724-475-2189.
• Twin City Elks is holding a soul food dinner from 12:30 to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Delivery is available; please call 724-704-1916.
• St. Anthony of Padua Church, 804 Idaho St., Sharon, is holding a BBQ chicken dinner, take out only, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on July 25. Dinner includes: 1/2 chicken, green beans, Croatian potato salad for $10. You can also purchase a whole chicken for $8, haluski for $4, and extra Croatian potato salad for $4. Pre-orders only, pick up at the church, Sherman Ave. entrance.
To place an order, call 724-342-2489 or 724-347-2721. Deadline to place an order is July 19. Masks are not required if you are fully vaccinated.