• At Farrell Croatian Club in Farrell: Saturday, Two Baked Fish, 8:30 to 11 p.m. The kitchen will be open.
• At Mortals Key Brewing Company in Jamestown: Today, The Randall Brothers, 6 to 9 p.m.; Friday, Hair Supply, 6 to 9 p.m.; Saturday, Mike Leslie, 2 to 5 p.m.; Saturday, ReIssue, 6 to 9 p.m.; Sunday, Jeff Powell and Lisa Cook, 3 to 6 p.m.
• At Nick’s Inn 62 in Hermitage: Saturday, Mike Adams and Common Ground.
• The speaker series presented by the Grove City Historical Society and Museum in Grove City will finally resume its schedule beginning in June this year.
Over the years, this series has maintained its focus on the history of local businesses, service organizations and local personalities of interest. The venue at 112 College Ave. is clean and safe and will observe state COVID guidelines in place on the dates of the event.
Choose your date below or come to every one of them. Each is certain to be a worthwhile experience.
« June 6, 6:30 p.m.: George Rogers and family, Grove City Agway, will tell about the roots and history of his family business and how and why he and his family have been serving the needs of the community for over 35 years with agricultural, gardening, water treatment and pet supplies.
« June 21, 6:30 p.m.: Brad McGill and Rod Paul will tell about the history of the 4th generation Grove City business, Bashlin Industries. Housed on a side street, this 90 year old business has been keeping workers around the world safe when they perform their jobs. Did you know that the company was founded by the local inventor? Come and find out what most of “us locals” never knew.
« July 12, 6:30 p.m.: Mary ‘Skip’ Sample, a long-time Rotarian, will share the mission of Rotary both internationally but also within the Grove City community. You will surely be surprised at the far-reaching, fascinating story of one of the oldest local service organizations. Rotary has been instrumental in the initial formation and continued success of the Grove City Area Historical Society and Museum.
The events each last about 45 minutes and close with a question/ answer session and refreshments.
• Soundbite’s summer schedule is as follows:
June 19: 8 p.m. to midnight, The Beachcomber, 5591 Pymatuning Lake Road, Andover, Ohio
June 26: 8 p.m. to midnight, JR’z Pub, 1722 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown, Ohio
July 24: 8:30 to 11 p.m., Vacationland, 867 Georgetown Road, Sandy Lake
Aug. 1: 6 to 7:30 p.m., Buhl Park, 715 Hazen Road, Hermitage
Aug. 7: 8 p.m. to midnight, The Beachcomber, 5591 Pymatuning Lake Road, Andover, Ohio
Sept. 7: 7 to 8:30 p.m., Austintown Park, 6000 Kirk Road, Austintown, Ohio
Dates are subject to change; new ones may be added, existing ones may be rescheduled. For confirmation or more information on Soundbite, call 724-347-2508 or 724-301-4595
• The fourth annual Vets for Vets, featuring a night of comedy and dinner, will be at 5:30 p.m. on June 19, with Josh Winters, Shane Herman, Tim Wolfe, Jason Delfosse, Eric Lewis and Aaron Scardina.
Ticket includes a steak dinner, comedy show, beer and wine.
Doors open at 5:30 p.m.; dinner at 6 p.m.; comedy show at 7:30 p.m.
Donation: $20. Proceeds benefit Veterans in need in Mercer County.
For tickets, please contact Farrell VFW at 724-981-1020. The VFW is located at 1233 Idaho St., Farrell.
CALL FOR TALENT
• The Hermitage Arts Festival is accepting applications. The festival will take place on July 31 and Aug. 1.
Applications are available at www.hermitage.net.
Info: Mary Ellen McKendry at 724-981-0800 ext. 1210 or email@example.com.