SHARON — During the 2019-20 academic year Penn State promoted five Shenango Campus faculty members; faculty and staff have received national and university honors; and two faculty have completed their doctoral degrees.
The faculty promotions
• Tammy D’Artenay, associate teaching professor
• Tammy Divens, associate teaching professor
• Georgia Macris, assistant teaching professor
• Kathleen Shaffer, associate teaching professor
• Melissa Fowler — Commonwealth Campus Outstanding Office Professional Award
The annual Commonwealth Campus Outstanding Office Professional Award from Penn State Educational Office Professionals Awards Committee recognizes an administrative support employee who has provided exceptional meritorious service.
• Jennifer Jewell — F.A. Davis Award for Outstanding Physical Therapist Assistant Educator
Presented by the American Physical Therapy Association national professional organization, the F.A. Davis Award recognizes physical therapist assistant student educators who have demonstrated and exhibited a noteworthy level of commitment to physical therapy education, physical therapist assistant students, and in advancing, promoting, and upholding standards of academic excellence.
• Tiffany Petricini — Jack P. Royer Active and Collaborative Learning Award
The Office of the Vice President for Commonwealth Campuses recognizes faculty who demonstrate innovative teaching practices to enhance student learning and who facilitate student engagement in learning to advance conceptual and applied understanding and competencies.
• Amy Higgins completed her clinically-based doctorate of nursing practice from Walden University. Higgins completed her dissertation on the topic of work-life balance in nursing, complementing her experiences in women’s health.
• Tiffany Petricini received her doctorate of rhetorical and communication studies from Duquesne University. Petricini specializes in the areas of communications ethics and communications technology.