• At Mortals Key Brewing Co. in Jamestown: Friday, Steve Vuich, 6 to 9 p.m; Saturday, The Elements, 6 to 9 p.m.; Sunday, The Two Kings, 3 to 6 p.m.
• At the Keg in Sharon: Thursday, Tyler Jenkins, 7 to 10 p.m; Sunday, PipeDreams, 7 to 10 p.m.; Sept. 17, Longarm and Justice, 7 to 10 p.m.
• At Peter Allen: Friday, Terry Dach, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
• Soundbite, playing classic rock, has these upcoming shows scheduled (subject to change): Oct. 3, time to be announced – Clark House, Clark (weather and health guidelines permitting); Oct. 10, 5 to 8? – Reynolds Drive-In, 3706 N. Hermitage Road, Transfer (exact time and other details TBA, afternoon fall festival event).
The concerts scheduled for Aug. 25 at Austintown (Ohio) Park and Aug. 26, at Buhl Park in Hermitage will be rescheduled.
Info: Call 724-347-2508 or 724-301-4595 or check them out on Facebook
• Southern Park Mall in Boardman, Ohio invites, families to enjoy a special drive-in-sytle, social distancing concert series this weekend:
» Today: “College Night” featuring RDNA with No Funk No Justice. Gates open at 6 p.m., concert begins at 7 p.m. Tickets: $10 per car.
» Saturday: “Country Night” featuring Chris Higbee with Northern Whiskey. Gates open at 6 p.m., concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $20 per car.
» Sunday: “Women Who Rock” featuring The Vindys with Leann Binder and Rajma and Friends. Gates open at 6 p.m., concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $20 per car.
Guests will be required to reserve one ticket per vehicle. Vehicles will be admitted starting at 6 p.m. each evening. Upon arrival, cars will be directed to a parking spot safely distanced from others, where guests can tune their radios to a designated station for audio streaming.
Food and beverages will be available from Auntie Anne’s, Chickfil- A and The Smoke Workx Food Truck.
Restrooms and hand sanitizing stations will also be available on-site.
Guests can purchase tickets in advance through Eventbrite with a portion of the proceeds going to The Salvation Army of Mahoning County. Attendees are encouraged to bring school supply donations for Potential Development and Boardman Local Schools.
• Opening the Dana Alumni Recital Series in collaboration with the McDonough Museum of Art is duo Caitlin Hedge, violin and Dave Lynn, guitar at 7 p.m. on Saturday. This is a prerecorded event and is available on the Cliffe College and McDonough YouTube channels.
Hedge and Lynn will perform original folk songs and traditional Irish fiddle arrangements with some bluegrass added in.
The Dana Alumni Recital Series features a variety of music performed by graduates of the Dana School of Music at YSU in collaboration with the McDonough Museum of Art.
SUBMISSIONS for Diversions are printed on a space-available basis. The deadline for submissions is noon Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org