• The Keg, Sharon, presents: Woodstock Weekend Celebration with Mike Adam’s & Common Ground, 7 to 10 p.m. this evening; Makin’ Changes, 7 to 10 p.m. Friday; Pipe Dreams, 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday; and Leather & Lace, 7 to 10 p.m. Sunday.
• Ruby acoustic solo entertainment schedule: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Fresh Marketplace, New Wilmington; 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at My Brother’s Place, Mercer; and 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at La Isla, Hermitage.
• Mortals Key Brewing Company, Jamestown, entertainment schedule: Justin Moyar 6 to 9 p.m. this evening; Hair Supply 6 to 9 p.m. Friday; Jim Scott 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday; The Side Effects 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday; and Those Damn Daves from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Terry Dach (Day) and Garrett Fry play as Fridach at Modern Methods in Warren on Friday from 7 tot 10 p.m.; Saturday Dach plays solo Saturday at Salvators in Howland from 6 to 9 p.m. and Sunday at Hartford Winery from 2 to 5 p.m.
• J. Hicks on the Square entertainment lineup: Jazz with The Bella Tones, 7 to 10 p.m. this evening; Root Theory, 8 to 11 p.m. Friday; Carey On, 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday and Trivia sign up at 6 p.m. on Tuesday.
• Maennerchor Club entertainment this week: Russ Saylor, 7 to 9 p.m. this evening; Dyanamic Duo, 7 to 10 p.m. Friday; Muddy Cadillac, 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday; Steve Vuich, 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday; and Karaoke with KJ Eddie K, 7 to 10 p.m. Wednesday.
• Steve Vuich hosts HoneyBoy’s Open Mic at 8 p.m. this evening at Vintage Estate Wine & Beer, Youngstown; Steve Vuich and Brandon Vuich play at 7 p.m. Friday at Thelma’s Sports Nook, Shapsville; Vuich plays at 8 p.m. Saturday at The Lake Club, Poland, Ohio; HoneyBoy’s Open Mic at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Quaker Steak & Lube, Sharon; and The Mighty Mighty River Saints perform at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Buhl Park Amphitheater, Hermitage.
• Mike Adams and Common Ground play Saturday at Nick’s Inn 62.
• Random Acts of Artists Gallery and Art Emporium will host a show of the works of eight local artists. Original paintings, drawings, prints, cards, sculpture, woodwork and jewelry are on display by Jackie Bader, Diane Beatty, Mindy Young, Ken Cole, Gil Thurman, Cliff Dawson, Jeff Vargo and Michele Kienast.
The gallery is inside Cravings Cafe, 76 Shenango Ave., Sharon.
CALLS FOR TALENT
• The Bach Society, a community choir, will begin its 2019-20 season on Sept. 9. Practices are held in the fellowship hall of Tower Presbyterian Church on Mondays from 7 to 9 p.m.
Info: Interested singers can contact the group’s Facebook page “Bach Society Community Choir” or call 724-450-0636.
• Hopewell Theatre announces auditions for Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice’s “Evita” at 6 p.m. Sept. 3 and 5 at 702 Mahoning Ave., Youngstown. Marlene Menaldi Strollo is directing, with Ed Phillips as musical director. Based on the life story of Argentine political leader María Eva Duarte Peron, the second wife of Argentine president Juan Perón, *Evita* follows her early life, rise to power, charity work, and eventual death. “Evita” requires a large ensemble cast of singers and dancers of all ages. There are two lead female roles, one requiring an actress who can play ages 16 to 25 and one requiring an actress who can play ages 25 to 40. there are three lead male roles requiring actors who can play ages 25 to 65. Auditioners are asked to come prepared to sing a chorus from an upbeat broadway song (something from “Evita” is encouraged). Come dressed for stage movement. An accompanist is provided; no recorded accompaniment is accepted. Info: Director at 330-533-8789 or Marlene.Strollo@gmail.com.
• The City of Sharon’s 2019 Brown Bag Lunch concert series is every Wednesday through Aug. 28 at Columbia Park in Sharon. Concerts run from noon to 1 p.m. This year’s dates and performances:
» Wednesday: Terry Dach
» Aug. 28: James Willaman.
Pick up a $5 brown bag lunch before the concert from Sharon Hot Dog Shop, Donna’s Diner, Niko & Lou’s Coney Island, Cravings Cafe and Creamery or Lulu Beans Cafe. In case of inclement weather, the performances will be held at Cravings Cafe and Creamery, 76 Shenango Ave., Sharon.
• Dance every Sunday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6233, Route 18, West Middlesex, with country music by John Henry and Friends. Doors open at 5 p.m. Music from 6 to 9 p.m. Coffee, water and soft drinks available.
• The Niles Friendly Squares will begin a new year of weekly square dance lessons. The introductory session will be 7 to 9 p.m. Sept. 10 and will run through April 14. There is a nominal fee of $6 per lesson.
The Friendly Squares also sponsor monthly dances with alternating dances. All lessons and monthly dances are held at the Niles (Ohio) SCOPE Center, 14 E. State St.
Info: Call Gene or Frankie Hammond (330) 506-3370.
• Dance party with DJ Platter 7 to 11 p.m. Aug. 21 at Rolling Mills Bar and Grille, Girard, Ohio. Cover is $5.
• Polka with Peppermint from 3 to 7 p.m. Aug. 25 at Gatherings Banquet Center, 2552 Benjamin Franklin Highway, Edinburg, located behind Town & Country Bar & Grille on Route 422. Lenny Gomulka and Chicago Push will entertain. Admission is $15 and tickets available at the door; in advance from Peppermint Records, 803 E. Indianola Ave., Youngstown, or by calling 330-783-2222.
• Shenango Valley Jamboree classic country & gospel music for dancing or just listening, 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday at West Middlesex Veterans of Foreign Wars. No admission, donations and snacks accepted.
• Oldies & Funk dance night with DJ Platter, 7 to 11 p.m. Wednesday and every Wednesday at Rolling Mills Bar & Grill, Girard. Cover is $5.
• Oldies, Country and Funk Night with DJ Platter, 7 to 10:30 p.m. Aug. 31 at Hartford Winery. No cover. Table reservations, call 330-772-8040.
• Twin City Elks, 301 Staunton St., Farrell, entertainment includes: Chris Brown, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Fridays; Jeffrey Bayman, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Saturdays, and Sundays is Jazz with Chuckie Austin from 5 to 9 p.m. The bar will be closed Aug. 18 until 8 p.m. for a council picnic.
Tonight: Moonlight karaoke, 9:30 p.m. at the Slovenian Home, Sharon.
Friday: Moonlight karaoke, 10 p.m. The Jai Alai, Hermitage.
Saturday: Moonlight karaoke, 9 p.m. at The Croatian Home, Farrell.
• The Hopewell Theatre, Youngstown, stages “The Man with the Plastic Sandwich” at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 30, 31, and Sept. 1, 6, and 7, and at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 8.
Info: For tickets call 330-746-5455 or hopewelltheatre.org
SUBMISSIONS for Diversions are printed on a space-available basis. As such, there are no guarantees that all requests will be printed. Deadline for submissions is noon Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com