• Random Acts of Artists Gallery and Art Emporium will host a show of the works of eight local artists. Original paintings, drawings, prints, cards, sculpture, woodwork and jewelry are on display by Jackie Bader, Diane Beatty, Mindy Young, Ken Cole, Gil Thurman, Cliff Dawson, Jeff Vargo and Michele Kienast.
The gallery is inside Cravings Cafe, 76 Shenango Ave., Sharon.
CALLS FOR TALENT
• The Bach Society, a community choir, will begin its 2019-20 season on Sept. 9. Practices are held in the fellowship hall of Tower Presbyterian Church on Mondays from 7 to 9 p.m.
Info: Interested singers can contact the group’s Facebook page “Bach Society Community Choir” or call 724-450-0636.
• Joe Spurio sings contemporary gospel 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Cana’s Corner, St. John’s Episcopal Church, Sharon. A love music festival is slated for 2 to 7 p.m. on Aug. 17.
• The City of Sharon’s 2019 Brown Bag Lunch concert series is every Wednesday through Aug. 28 at Columbia Park in Sharon. Concerts run from noon to 1 p.m. This year’s dates and performances:
» Wednesday: Damian Knapp
» Aug. 21: Terry Dach
» Aug. 28: James Willaman.
Pick up a $5 brown bag lunch before the concert from Sharon Hot Dog Shop, Donna’s Diner, Niko & Lou’s Coney Island, Cravings Cafe and Creamery or Lulu Beans Cafe. In case of inclement weather, the performances will be held at Cravings Cafe and Creamery, 76 Shenango Ave., Sharon.
• Mercer Courthouse Summer Concert Series concludes Saturday with a Mercer County Jamboree. Bring a blanket or lawn chair. The rain location is Mercer High School auditorium.
Info: Contact 724-699-9124.
• Dance every Sunday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6233, Route 18, West Middlesex, with country music by John Henry and Friends. Doors open at 5 p.m. Music from 6 to 9 p.m. Coffee, water and soft drinks available.
• The Niles Friendly Squares will begin a new year of weekly square dance lessons. The introductory session will be 7 to 9 p.m. Sept. 10 and will run through April 14. There is a nominal fee of $6 per lesson.
The Friendly Squares also sponsor monthly dances with alternating dances. All lessons and monthly dances are held at the Niles (Ohio) SCOPE Center, 14 E. State St.
Info: Call Gene or Frankie Hammond (330) 506-3370.
• Dance party with DJ Platter 7 to 11 p.m. Aug. 21 at Rolling Mills Bar and Grille, Girard, Ohio. Cover is $5.
• Oldies dance with DJ Platter 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Lake Milton American Legion. Cover is $5.
• Twin City Elks, 301 Staunton St., Farrell, entertainment includes: Chris Brown, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Fridays; Jeffrey Bayman, 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Saturdays, and Sundays is Jazz with Chuckie Austin from 5 to 9 p.m. The bar will be closed Aug. 18 until 8 p.m. for a council picnic.
Saturday: Moonlight, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Farrell Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5286, Farrell.
• Apollo Maennerchor, Sharon, hosts: Mike Adams from 7 to 9 p.m. today; Grant St. Exit from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday; and Brian K. Chase from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday.
• Steve Vuich hosts HoneyBoy’s Open Mic at 8 p.m. today at Vintage Estate Wine and Beer, Youngstown. He plays at Salvatore’s in Howland, Ohio at 6 p.m. Friday. At 6:30 p.m. Saturday he performs at The Vineyards at Pine Lakes, Columbiana, Ohio. At 5 p.m. Sunday The River Riders reunite for a multi-band benefit concert at The Brickhouse Tavern, Youngstown. At 7 p.m. Tuesday he hosts HoneyBoy’s Open Mic at Quaker Steak and Lube, Sharon. He plays 6 p.m. Wednesday at The Lake Club in Poland, Ohio.
• Soundbite will play from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday at the Clark House, Clark.
• Ashleigh Bennett will play from 6 to 9 p.m. today at Mortals Key Brewing Co., Jamestown. Melissa and Mitch play there 6 to 9 p.m. Friday. Mike and Lauren play there 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, and The Elements play 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday. The High Life Duo plays there 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Kevin Reardon will perform acoustic favorites from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Saturday at Nick’s Inn 62, Hermitage.
• Terry Dach will play from 7 to 10 p.m. today at Avalon at Buhl, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Peter Allen Inn, Kinsman, and 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Trails to Ales in Franklin.
• Makin’ Changes will perform from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Buhl Park, Sharon.
• The Keg, Sharon, presents: Longarm and Justice 7 to 10 p.m. today; Reissue 7 to 10 p.m. Sunday; and Adam’s Brothers 7 to 10 p.m. Aug. 15.
• Ruby acoustic solo entertainment schedule: 5 to 8 p.m. Aug. 16 at Conneaut Lake Volunteer Fire Department social hall; 10 a.m. to p.m. Aug. 17 at Fresh Marketplace, New Wilmington; 4 to 7 p.m. Aug. 18 at My Brother’s Place, Mercer; 2 to 5 p.m. Aug. 24 at Mortal’s Key Brewing, Jamestown, and 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Aug. 30 at Bronzwood Golf Club, Kinsman.
• The Hopewell Theatre, Youngstown, stages “The Man with the Plastic Sandwich” at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 30, 31, and Sept. 1, 6, and 7, and at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 8.
Info: For tickets call 330-746-5455 or hopewelltheatre.org
SUBMISSIONS for Diversions are printed on a space-available basis. As such, there are no guarantees that all requests will be printed. Deadline for submissions is noon Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org