• Random Acts of Artists Gallery and Art Emporium will host a show of the works of eight local artists. Original paintings, drawings, prints, cards, sculpture, woodwork and jewelry are on display by Jackie Bader, Diane Beatty, Mindy Young, Ken Cole, Gil Thurman, Cliff Dawson, Jeff Vargo and Michele Kienast.
The gallery is inside Cravings Cafe, 76 Shenango Ave., Sharon.
CALLS FOR TALENT
• The Area Community Theatre of Sharpsville will hold auditions for their next production, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat,” from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday and 4 to 6 p.m. Aug. 4 at the Pierce Opera House, 100 N Mercer Ave., Sharpsville. The first hour of auditions are for those auditioning for only the following roles: Narrator, Joseph, Jacob, Rueben, Pharaoh, and Judah. The second hour of each audition (8 to 9 and 5 to 6 p.m.) are for all other roles.
For audition music, email Susan Piccirilli at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724-456-3121.
Rehearsals begin Aug. 27. Show dates are Oct. 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, and 27.
• David Buchanan sings gospel 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Cana’s Corner at St John’s Episcopal Church, Sharon.
• The City of Sharon’s 2019 Brown Bag Lunch concert series is every Wednesday through Aug. 28 at Columbia Park in Sharon. Concerts run from noon to 1 p.m. This year’s dates and performances:
» Wednesday: Trontel Jake Review
» Aug. 7: Kristy Blue and the Midnights
» Aug. 14: Damian Knapp
» Aug. 21: Terry Dach
» Aug. 28: James Willaman.
Pick up a $5 brown bag lunch before the concert from Sharon Hot Dog Shop, Donna’s Diner, Niko & Lou’s Coney Island, Cravings Cafe and Creamery or Lulu Beans Cafe. In case of inclement weather, the performances will be held at Cravings Cafe and Creamery, 76 Shenango Ave., Sharon.
• Mercer Courthouse Summer Concert Series runs through Aug. 9 with warmup music and ice cream social at 6 p.m. and concert at 7:30 p.m. Bring a blanket or lawn chair. The rain location is Mercer High School auditorium.
Friday will be Mercer Community Jazz Band with Butch Nichols, vocalist, at 7:30 p.m. Warmup music at 6 will be Erie Heights Brass.
Info: Contact 724-699-9124.
• Westminster College’s Summer Carillon Concert Series returns with weekly carillon concerts through Aug. 2. Each hour-long concert will be held at noon on Fridays, with lawn seating on the quad outside of Old Main.
All concerts are free and open to the public. Guest are encouraged to bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on and a lunch to enjoy during the concerts. Seating will be available in the Wallace Memorial Chapel in the case of inclement weather.
• Whispering Oaks, Hermitage, presents: Monday at 2 p.m. Tom and Humble Ministries; and Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. Gene Testa.
• Dance every Sunday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6233, Route 18, West Middlesex, with country music by John Henry and Friends. Doors open at 5 p.m. Music from 6 to 9 p.m. Coffee, water and soft drinks available.
• DJ Carl Severeno plays oldies and Motown music for dancing every Thursday from 7 to 11 p.m. at Revolver Lounge and Tapas inside Quality Inn, Hermitage.
• “Sounds of the Sixties” is the theme of the 16th annual Mercer County Senior Follies that will be performed at 6 p.m. Aug. 3 and 2 p.m. Aug. 4 at Hickory High auditorium.
The event raises funds to pay down the debt on the Shenango Valley Senior Center, Hermitage.
Tickets are available from cast members or at the Senior Center for $10 and at the door for $12.
• Jazz from 3 to 7 p.m. the second and fourth Sunday of each month at Twin City Elks, 301 Staunton St., Farrell.
Today: Moonlight at 9:30 p.m. at the Slovenian Home, Sharon.
Friday: Moonlight at 10 p.m. at The Jai Alai, Hermitage.
Saturday: Moonlight at 9 p.m. at the Farrell VFW.
• Apollo Maennerchor upcoming entertainment: Nick Allegro 7 to 9 p.m. today; Rick Bruckner and Brad Campbell 7 to 10 p.m. Friday; The Maennerchor’s Waterfire After the Fire Party featuring Memphis Cradle 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday; and James Willaman 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday.
• The Keg, Sharon, presents: Double Shot 7 to 10 p.m. today; Grant Street Exit 7 to 10 p.m. Sunday; and Russ Saylor 7 to 10 p.m. Aug. 1.
• Steve Vuich hosts Honeyboy’s Open Mic at 8 p.m. at Vintage Estate Wine and Beer, Youngstown. The River Saints play at 7 p.m. today at Boardman (Ohio) Park. At 7 p.m. Friday he plays at The Homestead at Firestone Farms In Columbiana, Ohio. At 9:30 p.m. Saturday The River Saints play at Nick’s Inn 62 in Hermitage. At 1 p.m. Sunday he plays at Peter Allen Inn, Kinsman. At 7 p.m. Tuesday he hosts Honeyboy’s Open Mic at Quaker Steak and Lube, Sharon.
• James Willaman plays 6 to 9 p.m. today at Mortals Key Brewing Co., Jamestown. The Tyler Jenkins Trio plays there 6 to 9 p.m. Friday. Terry Dach and Charlie Fisher play there 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, and Treebeard Brown plays 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday. Major Morgan plays there 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• J. Hicks on the Square, Mercer, presents: Sweet Atmosphere 7 to 10 p.m. today; Fry-Dach 8 to 11 p.m. Friday; and Max Schang’s Trio of Blues 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday.
• Hopewell Theatre in Youngstown has announced a six-production 2019 to 2020 season:
» “The Man with the Plastic Sandwich,” by Roger Karshner: Aug. 30, 31; Sept. 6, 7, 8
» “Evita,” by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber: Oct. 25, 26, 27; Nov. 1, 2, 3
» “Same Time, Next Year” by Bernard Slade: Jan. 10, 11, 17, 18, 19
» “Deathtrap,” by Ira Levin: Feb. 28, 29; March 6, 7, 8
» “Leading Ladies,” by Ken Ludwig: April 17, 18, 24, 25, 26
» “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance,” by Jethro Compton: May 29, 30; June 5, 6, 7
For ticket information, visit hopewelltheatre.org or call 330-746-5455.
SUBMISSIONS for Diversions are printed on a space-available basis. As such, there are no guarantees that all requests will be printed. Deadline for submissions is noon Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com