CALLS FOR TALENT
• The Area Community Theatre of Sharpsville will hold auditions for the next production, “Moods of Christmas,” 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday and 6 to 8 p.m. Nov. 3. Auditions will be held at the former Sacred Heart Church, 40 S. Irvine Ave., Sharon.
• The Dana School of Music at Youngstown State University hosts Music at Noon concerts for October.
Wednesday’s performance is Percussion Ensemble.
All concerts are free and open to the public and begin at 12:15 p.m. at the Butler Institute of American Art.
• Jazz compositions and arrangements by Youngstown State University graduate student Anthony Taddeo of Cleveland will be performed at 7:30 p.m. today in the Spotlight Theater in Bliss Hall on the YSU campus. Performance is free and open to public.
• The Penn-Ohio Singers present “One of Those Songs” at 3 p.m. Nov. 10 at Reynolds High School.
Tickets available at the door: $12 for adults and $6 for students.
• The Greenville Symphony Orchestra hosts its children’s concert “The Magical Musical Morning” at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Passavant Center at Thiel College.
• Halloween Dance with DJ Platter 7:30 p.m. to midnight Friday at The Oasis in New Castle.
• Halloween Dance with DJ Platter 7 to 11 p.m. Wednesday at Rolling Mills Bar and Grill, Girard, Ohio. Cover is $5. Costumes optional.
• Oldies, Country and Funk Night with DJ Platter 7 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday at Hartford Hill Winery. No cover.
Table reservations: 330-772-8040.
• Dance every Sunday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6233, Route 18, West Middlesex, with country music by John Henry and Friends. Doors open at 5 p.m. Music from 6 to 9 p.m. Coffee, water and soft drinks available.
• The Niles Friendly Squares have begun a new year of weekly square dance lessons. Sessions will run through April 14. There is a nominal fee of $6 per lesson. All lessons and monthly dances are held at the Niles (Ohio) SCOPE Center, 14 E. State St.
Info: Call Gene or Frankie Hammond (330) 506-3370.
• The Niles Friendly Squares hosts its monthly square dance from 7:30 to 10 p.m. Nov. 9 at the Niles (Ohio) SCOPE Center, 14 E. State St. The theme for the dance is Veterans. This will be a High/Low dance with alternating tips for new dancers currently taking lessons and tips for more experienced dancer. Dress is casual and light refreshments will be served. Fee is $6 per person at the door.
Info: Call Gene Hammond, 330-506-3370.
• Free polka jam at 6 p.m. Friday at the Golden Bear Tavern, West Middlesex. Accordion and button box music featured.
• Twin City Elks, 301 Staunton St., Farrell, entertainment includes: DJ Richard Hughes 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays; and Sundays is Jazz with Chuckie Austin from 5 to 9 p.m. Twin City Elks is closed on Mondays.
• Friends of the Mercer Area Library hosts the fifth annual Wander the Wine Trail 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 2 at the library. Taste locals wines and chef-prepared food. Music, basket raffle and door prizes offered.
Tickets are $30 and are available at the library or at the door.
• This December, Ballet Western Reserve will present a 1920s rendition of the classic, holiday ballet, “The Nutcracker,” with live musical accompaniment performed by the Youngstown State University Jazz Ensemble. The family-friendly and affordable event will feature the dancers of Ballet Western Reserve and students of YSU’s Dana School of Music. Youngstown State University’s Dana Jazz Ensemble will perform the updated score featuring the music of Duke Ellington, Billy Strayhorn, Glenn Miller, and more.
Performances will be at the Stambaugh Auditorium at 8 p.m. Dec. 6 and 2 p.m. Dec. 8.
Tickets are on sale at the Florence and Ward Beecher Box office at Stambaugh, by phone at 330-259-0555, online at stambaughauditorium.com, or in person at the box office.
• The Sharpsville VFW hosts a Halloween Party beginning at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Music by Sam Tonelli.
• The KEG, Sharon, presents: Russ Saylor 7 to 10 p.m. today; Terry Dach and Charlie Fisher 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday; Halloween Party with Reissue 7 to 10 p.m. Oct., 31; and Candy Apple Black 6 to 9 p.m. Nov. 3.
• Soundbite performs 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Nov. 30 at the Clark House in Clark and Nov. 2 and Dec. 15 at Jack-R-Wild, Mercer. Soundbite also performs from 7 to 10 p.m. Nov. 15 at the Maennerchor Club, Sharon.
• Apollo Maennerchor Club presents: Joe Fritz 7 to 9 p.m. today; Tyler Jenkins Trio 7 to 10 p.m. Friday; Halloween Party featuring The Grease Monkeys and The Hi-Fi’s 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday; and Teddy Pantelas 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday.
• Ruby plays 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday at Bronzewood Golf Club, Kinsman.
• Steve Vuich hosts HoneyBoy’s Open Mic at 8 p.m. today at Vintage Estate Wine and Beer, Youngstown. At 6 p.m. Friday he plays at The Lake Club, Poland, Ohio. At 9 p.m. Saturday The Greg LeDonne Octet plays at Nick’s Inn 62 in Hermitage. At 7 p.m. Tuesday Vuich hosts HoneyBoy’s Open Mic at Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon. From 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday he hosts “HoneyBoy’s Very Scary End of Rocktober Open Mic” at Brew32/ Nova Cellars, Pulaski.
• Rick Bruckner and Brad Campbell play 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Mortals Key Brewing Co., Jamestown. The Elements play there 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday.
• Terry Dach and Charlie Fischer play Saturday at J. Hicks on the Square in Mercer.
• Theatre Westminster presents Tennessee Williams’ “The Glass Menagerie” in Beeghly Theatre on the Westminster College campus, New Wilmington.
Show times are 7:30 p.m. Oct. 31, Nov. 1 and 2 and 2:30 p.m. Nov. 3.
The play features students from nearby communities including junior Brandon Williams of Sandy Lake as Tom Wingfield and freshman Alexis Garcia of Sharpsville as Amanda Wingfield.
Tickets are free with Titan ID and $15 for adults and $10 for senior citizens, military or non-Westminster students.
Info: Karen Dabney at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Area Community Theatre of Sharpsville presents Andrew Lloyd Weber’s musical “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.” Performances are Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday and Saturday shows start at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday’s show start at 2:30 p.m.
This show will be held at St. Bartholomew Social Hall, 311 W. Ridge Ave., Sharpsville.
Tickets may be purchased at Muscarella’s Café in Sharpsville, online at actsharpsville.org, or by calling 724-815-4388.
• A Halloween themed show, “Haunted Youngstown-Ghastly Ghost Stories,” is the theme of the next performance by the Good Humor Radio Hour at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday at the Butler Institute of American Art-North, 524 Wick Ave., Youngstown.
The events are free, but tickets must be secured in advance by calling the University Theatre Box Office at 330-941-3105.
• Meadville Community Theatre presents Agatha Christie’s “And Then There Were None” Nov. 1 through 10. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday performances are at 2 p.m.
The theatre is located in the Odd Fellows Building at 400 N. Main St. on the campus of Allegheny College.
Pre-order tickets at mctbackstage.com or by calling the box office at 814-333-1773.
SUBMISSIONS for Diversions are printed on a space-available basis. As such, there are no guarantees that all requests will be printed. Deadline for submissions is noon Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com