• The Dana School of Music at Youngstown State University hosts Music at Noon concerts for October. All concerts are free and open to the public and begin at 12:15 p.m. at the Butler Institute of American Art.
Wednesday’s concert is “Musical Theater.”
• Funk and Hip Hop Night with DJ Platter at The Gathering in Edinburg from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Friday and Oct. 11, 18 and 25.
• Oldies Dance with DJ Platter 7 to 11 p.m. Oct. 2 and every other Wednesday (Oct. 16 and 30) at Rolling Mills Bar and Grill, Girard, Ohio. Cover is $5. The Halloween dance on Oct. 30 is costumes optional.
• Oldies, Country and Funk Night with DJ Platter 7 to 10:30 p.m. Oct. 26 at Hartford Hills Winery. No cover.
Table reservations, call 330-772-8040.
• Dance every Sunday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6233, Route 18, West Middlesex, with country music by John Henry and Friends. Doors open at 5 p.m. Music from 6 to 9 p.m. Coffee, water and soft drinks available.
• The Niles Friendly Squares have begun a new year of weekly square dance lessons.
Sessions will run through April 14. There is a nominal fee of $6 per lesson.
All lessons and monthly dances are held at the Niles (Ohio) SCOPE Center, 14 E. State St.
Info: Call Gene or Frankie Hammond (330) 506-3370.
• Twin City Elks, 301 Staunton St., Farrell, entertainment includes: DJ Richard Hughes 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays; and Sundays is Jazz with Chuckie Austin from 5 to 9 p.m. Twin City Elks is closed on Mondays.
• Comedians Chris Barnes and Tim Wolfe appear at the Revolver Lounge and Tapas, inside the Quality Inn, Hermitage. Shows are 8 p.m. Friday and 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Today – Moonlight at 9:30 p.m. at the Slovenian Home, Sharon.
• Friday – Moonlight at 10 p.m. at The Jai Alai, Hermitage.
• Wednesday – Moonlight at 10 p.m. at Rumorz, Greenville. Damian Knapp 8 p.m. to midnight at Revolver Lounge, Hermitage.
• The Keg, Sharon, presents: Reissue 7 to 10 p.m. today; and Max Schang Trio 7 to 10 Sunday; FX Trio 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 3; and Muddy Cadillac 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 6.
• Steve Vuich hosts HoneyBoy’s Open Mic Night Ninth Anniversary Party at 8 p.m. today at Vintage Estate Wine and Beer, Youngstown. At 8 p.m. Friday he hosts HoneyBoy’s Open Mic Night Ninth Anniversary Party Night Number Two at Vintage Estate Wine and Beer. From 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday he performs at Trails to Ales Brewery and Restaurant in Franklin. At 7 p.m. Tuesday Friends of Steve host HoneyBoy’s Open Mic at Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharon.
• The House of Rhythm will play 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at Mortals Key Brewing Co., Jamestown. Cooley Strausser AD plays there 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, and Max Schang’s Trio of Blues plays 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday. The High Life Duo plays 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Testify – A Tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughan and the Blues performs 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday at Revolver Lounge, 3200 S. Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
• The Mike Peterson Band plays Saturday at Nick’s Inn 62, Hermitage.
• Fresh Marketplace in New Wilmington hosts Mike Leslie and Lauren McAnallen from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
• Black Sheep Players present “Of Mice and Men” today through Sunday on the stage at First Presbyterian Church, 600 E. State St. Sharon. Curtain is at 7:30 p.m. for all shows and 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Tickets are sold at the door or call 724-418-4180 to reserve them. Doors open a half hour before the play. The play contains some strong language.
• Theatre Westminster and Sodexo Dining Services will host a murder mystery dinner fundraiser for the Stop Hunger Foundation at 6:30 p.m. Saturday in Berlin Lounge in Westminster’s McKelvey Campus Center.
In the student-directed “A Meal to Die For,” Theatre Westminster invites guests to come watch the drama unfold and try to figure out who’s guilty. Throughout the whodunit performance, guests can enjoy a three-course meal and participate in raffles to raise funds for the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation.
• The Area Community Theatre of Sharpsville presents Andrew Lloyd Weber’s musical “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.” Performances are Oct. 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, and 27. Friday and Saturday shows start at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday shows start at 2:30 p.m.
This show will be held at St. Bartholomew Social Hall, 311 W. Ridge Ave., Sharpsville.
Tickets may be purchased at Muscarella’s Café in Sharpsville, Tuesday evenings from 7 to 9 p.m. at St. Bartholomew Social Hall, online at actsharpsville.org, or by calling 724-815-4388.
SUBMISSIONS for Diversions are printed on a space-available basis. As such, there are no guarantees that all requests will be printed. Deadline for submissions is noon Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com